Buenos dias familia,
Well this week was pretty hard. We have had some success in teaching people, but this week was kind of weird. We weren’t able to find Elisa until yesterday but thankfully she stills wants to listen. I have found that if there is a lot of time between citas that people lose interest, but luckily she still wants to listen. We have been teaching two families and they both want to go to church, but the hardest thing was that this week we had no investigators at church. That was a pretty big blow. We have always had at least one show up, but the families couldn’t go because of work, but we do have some investigators that are ready and willing to learn, we just hope this week can be better than the last.
Elder Mendez has been offending a lot of the members of the ward without realizing it. A bunch of them told our ward mission leader about it, who gave it to him pretty hard. This is something that I have noticed about Elder Mendez, that he doesn’t have super great social skills and just says things without really thinking. I told him about it before my mission leader did, but he took it differently than I thought, by complaining about the people and asking why they are the way they are. He's been making a lot of comments about weight and staying in shape, always asking me how much I weigh, or saying to others “I don’t want to be fat..." etc. He even said in a zone meeting that we shouldn’t be fat because people will say "there go two fatties, why do we want to talk to them?" instead of there go two missionaries. It’s been bugging me a lot, and I have been losing weight (I think 15-20 lbs!) but it bothers me that he is so obsessed with how he looks, and he just makes comments like that that irk me. I think that maybe one reason why he was sent here, because the members here are pretty prideful and he needs to learn how to talk with people.
Well some kind of sad news. On Friday we went to Puerto Cortes to do interviews for some baptisms, and did practically nothing that day, but while we were there we went to the beach (the interview was 2 blocks away!) and took some pics. Unfortunately my camera fell lens down in the sand and got sand all over, so I took it to a member and hopefully he fixed it, but we'll see! This week Elder Clark from the Seventy is coming for the multizonas and a special fireside for converts and investigators, so hopefully we can take a lot of people. I’m expecting it to be great! Hopefully this week will be better, and I hope everyone has a safe and great vacation!
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment