Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Week #40 - Old Comp, New Change



Hola familia y todos!

Well this week was changes, and it was interesting..., something that was nice was that I was able to see Elder Elison (trainer) and Elder Nelson (MTC comp) again. Elder Nelson isn’t as apprehensive, I guess you could say, and we talked for a good while and he doesn’t seem angry at me or anything. Elder Perez was called to be a Zone Leader in Satelite, and we knew he was going to subir (move up), so that was nice to see. My entire zone had changes and now there are only 7 Americans out of 24 elders and sisters.

Well as for my new comp, he technically isn’t new to me. My comp is Elder Mendez once again. I was dumbfounded when they told me. Elder Perez was joking with me before changes saying 'what if they send you with him again?' I was and still am completely confused, I have no idea why we are comps again, but I’m sure there's a purpose for it and that I have to learn something else from him. It’s just been kind of hard because he hasn’t changed at all from what he did before and all I can see right now is the negative aspects in him. I am trying really hard to find the good, but the house is a mess and I technically don’t have a part of our table now cause he throws everything everywhere. I’m just going to have to take everything patiently and try to find the good, but it still feels like he doesn’t have a deep love for the people or the country and that’s one thing that bothers me. I can definitely feel his national pride, but there is something that the Lord wants me to learn from this so I just need to pay attention. He did tell me that in Olanchito my convert Pedro got the Melchezidek Priesthood and is still going to church, all the others have moved and I have no idea where they could be. Also Mendez was being Mendez and offended the cook in Olanchito so they started giving super small portions because he complained about the food, so they changed cooks. Mari and Vanessa never got baptized and started going to Copan so it was hard to find them.

Well, on the front of investigators, those we had planned to go to church didn’t go, Cristian didn’t want to and Sonia couldn’t, but 2 others came, both references, and one of them lives with her family and her brother in law's family, so two families! We still have yet to talk to them and teach them, but the lady loved church and said she would be waiting for us! We also received a reference from someone in the ward of a lady, Elisa, who has been going to the church's employment center here in SPS. We taught her a bit, got to know her with Perez, and left a pamphlet with her. When we came back she had read all of it and loved it all so we taught her lesson one. The Spirit was really strong and she understood everything really well, she just couldn’t go to church because she had previous commitments, but she really wants to go. We also taught the ex of one of our converts, who was really receptive as well and really enjoyed the message. His current 'wife' wasn’t as interested, but he was and wants us to come back as well.

I never like having changes where I have to stay because I feel the pressure and responsibility and I’m not sure what to do, but I will eventually get over it. This change is going to be really interesting, not only with Elder Mendez again but the fact that he is District Leader as well, so I have a feeling this is going to be a long change. I know this is an opportunity to grow, but I am a little scared about how the area will turn out and how we will do together. It’s just weird to see that we are together again after such a short time.

I am almost done with Jesus the Christ and it is absolutely amazing! I love reading it. That and reading the Old Testament have been my goals recently. I love this work, even when there are hard times there is always something to learn. I hope everyone has a great week!

Hasta luego!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment