Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Week #39 - It's The End of The World As We Know It!

Hola amigos y familia!

Well this week has been hot, just like the week before haha! Every week seems to get hotter and hotter, it’s crazy! I can't see the mountains on the horizon anymore because it’s so humid.

Well this week was another slow week, one thing that stunk from the activity that we did is that everyone put names to go visit, but didn’t put any type of address and some of them don’t even have names of the members who referred them, so we are really lost! I went on divisions twice this week, one was a zone wide division and the other was just between us and another district.  Both times I stayed in my area, the first one was with Elder Moore, who is leaving this week to go home! He is awesome! He had been Zone Leader since his 10 month mark and he came out here as District Leader, and now he's just training, but he is super pilas. I think this was the third time I went with him and I have learned a lot from him. He has been working hard even though he's leaving soon and he's been a great example for any missionary.

A lot of our appointments fell through this week, it was really hard. We tried to put two fechas from baptism for this Sunday, but Cristian still has some problems and Sonia doesn’t feel prepared, but she does want to be baptized. Aside from them we don’t have many people progressing. We have tried to get them to church, some read, but it’s just been hard to get them to do the other things they need to do. All week was hard, a couple opportunities from people we contacted, but not much. This weekend we had planned to fast as a mission and so we fasted Saturday and Sunday, which wasn’t as bad as the beginning of the month, I just get super thirsty because it is so hot! So we finished the fast yesterday after lunch, and we had some citas planned from references we received from other areas and people. We contacted 2 complete families, one of 5 and the other a newer couple. One family seems really receptive, at least the husband, Rafael. We just contacted them and talked a bit but he said he would like to have the entire family present to teach a lesson and learn, him, his wife, and 3 kids, two of which are above 9! Later we went and contacted another reference we received and as well they seemed really receptive. Later we contacted another reference from a member and she was very interested as we were teaching her and she wants to learn more. It was really exciting to see the effects of a fast working for us! Something even better is we took out a member that has been a bit inactive and wants to go on a mission, but every time he says he will go, he chickens out. Yesterday we took him out and helped him a bunch. 

This next week seems promising, I'm just a bit worried cause Elder Perez has changes, and I will most likely be Sr. Comp, so I'm a bit nervous, but we'll see what happens! Something that I completely forgot until recently is that in SPS and the entrance to Choloma there are huge billboards of some church or radio station from the USA that says “Day of Final Judgment is here! May 21, 2001 the wicked will be burned!” or something to that effect (its been a while since I have seen it). Someone asked us what we thought about it, which we know it isn’t true, but if it is, it’s the end of the world! Haha so dumb! The people here are crazy about religion and very superstitious, so it’s kind of hard to help them know the truth. My ward mission leader wants a whole bunch of those pass along cards with pictures of Christ, so if you could send some that would be awesome! Hope everyone has a great week and if it’s the last week of the world that you make it a great one!

Cuídense!

Elder Neher

Making baleadas!

A taste from home...Pizza Hut!
Not a taste from home...chicken feet!
Panoramic view of the Cerro Verde neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment