Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Week #37 - Trust me, I'm a Blond!

Buenos dias todos!

Well this week has been hot, and it keeps getting hotter, and hotter, it’s incredible! Before I go off with what’s been going on in the area and I want to mention some things that are interesting/funny that I have noticed. First, I’m learning how to play piano! My cook has a keyboard I have been practicing about every day. I can play Nearer My God to Thee perfectly, and I’m practicing other hymns. It makes me so happy that I have some kind of outlet for my music! :)

Some things that I have noticed about Honduras is that people wear whatever they want, even if it’s in English and they don’t understand what their shirt says. Here are 2 examples. First, now I know where they send the Super Bowl t-shirts for the losing team! The other day I saw a member wearing a t-shirt that said… AZ Cardinals 'Super Bowl Champions', haha!! Second, I was in a rapidito and saw a lady wearing a t-shirt that said “Trust me, I'm a blonde”. Just thinking about all the implications that joke makes really made me laugh super hard! The fact that she had black hair and is acting like a blonde, it just made me laugh super hard! Just some stuff I have noticed about here that are super hilarious.

Well as for our area it’s been a bit hard this week. Not only super hot but most of the people that we have been teaching aren’t progressing. We are contacting like crazy to find new people to teach, but when we go back they aren’t there and they just don’t progress so it’s been kind of hard. Hopefully this month will be better. We have some possibilities for this month, but we need to find more people as well. Sonia wasn’t able to go to church yesterday because she had to help her mom, who is 92 years old, but she still seems really receptive, she just has problems with the word of wisdom. Hopefully we can get her baptized! Nothing much has been happening, kind of a slow this week and it’s been super hot (did I already mention that?) but I’m always staying positive and trying to find more people. Sorry this is short this week but honestly not much has happened this week. Hopefully I will have more to say on Sunday for Mother’s Day! Have a great week and hope everything goes well back home!

Hasta luego,
Elder Neher

Peeling Guineo Verde

Making ñoquis

No comments:

Post a Comment