Hola familia y amigos!
Well, this week has been pretty interesting. To start things off, we were almost blown away, literally! On Tuesday we went around so I could say good bye (we still had no idea about the cambios) and it was super hot, and I saw some huge clouds in the distance. An hour later they were black and 2 minutes later it was pouring and there was a whole bunch of wind. We were at Marisol´s house, a recent convert, and she wouldn’t say bye to me cause she said I wasn’t leaving haha, and she said we couldn’t go out there cause the roofs fly off and kill people. So we waited till a bus came to go to another house and it calmed down a bit, but we got back to our house and a whole bunch of water leaked in but fortunately it didn’t get anything wet. Anyway, we get home that night and they call us and tell us who has changes, and of the five that had changes, Elder Mendez was one of them. He was freaking out all night saying that he didn’t do anything bad (but he didn’t do anything good either). He was super worried and I took the time to tell him that he needs to change some things and look at this as an opportunity to grow. He was super negative and I told him that it is so much better to have a positive outlook on everything.
Wednesday we went to the change meeting and my first ZL and DL went home, Elder Smuin and Elder Staples respectively. I learned a lot from the two of them, they were really great missionaries. I saw Elder Contreras again and he is going home in August, and I heard stuff from his ZL, who is a friend of mine that he is doing the same stuff that he has always done. Well they called me to be Sr. comp with Elder Anderson, an elder from California. We both arrived in Honduras together and we both went to our out first areas together in the Colon zone. He is really awesome and we get along great. We came back to the area that day we went to see all the people that I said goodbye to and all of them were super happy. I have not heard one comment saying that someone missed Elder Mendez, the bishop, our ex ward mission leader, everyone was super happy that he left, even people that he didn’t really know! It’s kind of sad, but true. He made a really bad first impression here. I had people tell me that they were praying that I would stay and that he would leave! I didn’t think I had that great of an impact on this ward, and now that I have Elder Anderson here, we have been receiving quite a few references. We should have some baptisms lined up pretty soon. We have been teaching various people with different levels of interest, but we have been teaching our cook´s sister, and on Sunday the topic of the gospel principles class was baptism, and she asked what does someone have to do to be baptized, that blew me away! We are going to put a date with her soon cause she is ready.
I don’t have much time today, but this last change was super hard and everyone kind of noted that. I feel so much happier and so ready to get to work. I have high hopes for this change and I know we will have success. Oh and with the spaghetti, someone gave us spaghetti (the sauce is a mixture of ketchup and some cream stuff) and she shoved in a whole bunch of sugar and it tasted like I was eating honey covered spaghetti! (Kind of like the movie Elf! haha). I hope everyone has a great week and that everyone has a great Independence Day!
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment