Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week #45 - End of Change

Buenos dias familia y amigos!

Well this change has been very interesting, to say the least! I thought I had patience before, but I have learned to have even more. I have had times where I just wanted to yell at my comp but I never have. I don’t think he realizes that I have been that upset with what he has said or done. In the mission he is known as the "dundito" or dunce, which is sad but kind of true. I have been trying to have charity and find the best in him but it is so hard sometimes when he becomes super pessimistic and critical. He honestly has a lot of things he needs to improve and I thought that someone with as much time as he has in the mission would be more mature. Honestly I hope he can mature and change everything that he needs to change. He’s a good person, but he has certain qualities and "costumbres" that need to be fixed.

Well something funny is that we had divisions this week in order to get the baptismal interviews done and my house was a mess. Another elder came and stayed the night so all night we cleaned the entire house (I try to keep it clean but my companion doesn’t care and leaves everything everywhere). I have already talked to him about it, but it’s one of the things he doesn’t want to change. So when my comp came back he was super surprised! It was funny to see his reaction.

Well this week we finally had our baptisms! We baptized Jose and Yadira. Yadira is super awesome, the first time she went to church she knew it was the true church. So we taught them everything and they wanted to be baptized. They seem super happy and excited. When we were first teaching them they would walk from their house to a members house, which takes like 30 mins, just to listen to us, and then they would walk back. Incredible! They seem like they will be active and I can see Yadira as a leader here really soon. 

Zona Celestial Lunch
Today we went to President's house because we were the Zona Celesital for this change! We baptized the most people and the most families, so we went and had some real spaghetti for lunch. It was delicious! Also, today they told us that we will not find out who has changes until tomorrow night for a couple reasons. 1). Because everyone spends their last Tuesday saying goodbye instead of working 2).The mission nurse was finding out the changes and telling all her friends in the mission where they are going before the big meeting, so they just eliminated both problems at once. Anyway, I have no idea what will happen until tomorrow. I think my comp might have changes because the bishop here called our President because he hasn’t really changed or improved, but we will see what happens (my comp doesn’t know). I have grown to love this area and the people here. I don’t want to leave but I will go where the Lord wants me to go.

Well honestly I would like some letters or something from everyone! Kind of depressing to not get anything while other elders do. I know that everyone supports me, but a letter would be nice every once in a while! hint, hint :)  Thanks for everything and I hope everyone has a great week!

Nos vemos!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment