Hola familia y amigos!
Well this week has been another interesting one. At least it rained a bit, which made me super happy. The only thing is that it made everything else super hot afterwards! Something nice that happened is that this week we should have some baptisms! We have planned a family to be baptized, and they are amazing! They live outside of the area, but are trying to find a house in our area, and the two times that we have taught them outside of their home they walked to a members house, and I want to say it is at least a 45 min walk! They all love the gospel, but especially the wife and her daughter. The husband has been to church too but I can sense that he isn’t entirely converted, but the wife is something else! She is super interested and they love everything we teach. We taught them the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity, saying to her daughter and her boyfriend that they need to get married, and they took it really well. They said that we were super direct and straightforward, and letting them decide, unlike other churches from what they said. They really love everything and we hope to get the other two married so we can baptize them. We have other families we are teaching but they aren’t progressing as we would like.
It has been pretty hard with Elder Mendez. I have pointed out things that he should change so that people will like him here, but he doesn’t do them. He makes the stupidest comments that just irk me and I really try to hint that stuff like that shouldn’t be said or done, but he doesn’t catch on. It is really frustrating. He is pretty immature and especially immature when it comes to spiritual things and I just have a hard time trying to help him fix it. Members have problems with him here and the bishop and ward mission leader don’t like him. It’s all been a pretty big mess. He just doesn’t understand when something should be said or not and he is totally baggie (trunkie for home) he doesn’t want to admit it but I know he is. Anyway, it’s been kind of hard, but one more week and I’m out of here. By the looks of it I might stay another change and he will leave, which wouldn’t bother me, but we’ll see what happens. Hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment