Hola familia y amigos!
Well this week was a really slow week, a lot of the appointments we had this week fell, and the people we tried contacting and teaching just didn’t seem interested at all, it was kind of a tough week. I went on divisions this week to Trincheras, a colony close to Choloma (technically most of the zone is part of Choloma) and it was pretty fun. The church building is set in an amazing location, I love the scenery around it, anyways I noticed that it’s a lot poorer there than here, and its way bigger and all dirt. It was nice to get out of my area for a bit (the 13 times I have had divisions, I have only left my area 3 times) but it was fun. This week was really slow, but we have people that are progressing. We had 7 investigators at church this week! It was awesome to see them there, and the mom of a family we are teaching liked everything. She has been mas o menos with everything but she said she would call to put a cita with us and we came home today after playing soccer we had 2 missed calls from her! Amazing! We have an investigator named Lourdes who cooked a surprisingly good lunch for us on Saturday.
Speaking of Saturday, it was a super busy day. We had a mission activity at the church and then 2 baptisms (one an eight year old daughter of a convert). The activity we had on Saturday was with the Relief Society, so the sisters came with food and we shared the food and recipes, so we did Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (which everyone here loves) and Pupusas with our now convert Isis (I might add that I can make a mean pupusa, haha!) So we had a bunch of food there, although I ate very little, and Lourdes brought in her own dish as well, and 8 other references showed up, so it was pretty awesome. After the activity we had the baptisms, and they were awesome! Isis was crying and Marisol (mother of Scarlet, who was baptized) was crying as well because Scarlet said her best birthday present was to be baptized. Isis has been super pilas, she just eats everything up that we teach her and she said she will miss us when we leave. A quick thought, if you come to pick me up and the temple is done in August I would like to go to the temple with her and another family I baptized here so I can see them get their endowments. It was a great night and we really enjoyed everything, even though we didn’t get a lot of food, haha!
Sunday we had a sacrament meeting only about missionary work. A member who helped baptize/reactivate her family talked, I talked, my comp gave a testimony and ended with the bishop, we got a lot of good comments out of it. In my talk I just talked about not being scared about sharing the gospel and talking with people. It was super short because we ran out of time but everyone liked it. I talked about home a bit and sharing the gospel as well as quotes from prophets about members sharing the gospel.
This week we hope to have another baptism, an investigator/girlfriend of a member who said after the baptism she wants to be baptized, we just have to teach her and it’ll be good to go, so we hope this week will be great. Well Elder Anderson is a character, and it’s awesome he is a great guy and it’s so much fun being around him, WAY better than before! The other night we got back home after a super hot day and jumped in our pila at our house. It’s like a tank I guess with a spot to wash clothes, and we jumped in. Its super tiny so only one at a time, but it felt so good haha! Anyways, I hope everyone has a great time this week!
Hasta luego!
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment