Hola familia y todos!
This week went by pretty fast, but it seemed really long, if that makes any sense haha! Before I get into my week, people here were telling me about that crazy storm in AZ. It made the newspapers here! The pictures seemed pretty crazy, a huge wall of dirt! Anyways this week we have been trying to find new people to teach and we have found some new people who seem really receptive, the only problem is that most of them didn’t go to church. They did tell us they want to go, so at least we have that going for us! Right now we have Lourdes, who is the aunt of a member and a friend of a whole bunch of members. She is really interested but her husband is meh, (so, so). Always when we find a new family one of the parents is awesome and the other is just meh, but hopefully we can get things going good with them. We are also teaching her neighbor Belinda, who is drinking Herbalife with me (I decided to try it out to see what I could get out of it :P) and she has been really receptive as well, she’s just not married =/
It’s been a bit hard for me because I feel like I have already talked with everyone in this area because it’s super tiny but I know I need to keep looking. Elder Anderson is such a goofball, but he’s awesome and we get along great. It’s definitely better than when I was with Elder Mendez. The members have been a lot more willing to help us and they love that we are here. This week has been pretty hot, and it would rain a little at night and the next day would be terribly hot, so it’s been kind of miserable, but today has been really nice and I hope it rains.
So we have an investigator, Isis, she is our cook's sister, and she is the most pilas lady I have ever seen. I met her before, and she said she wanted to listen to the missionaries, but she lived in another area and the elders never went to see her because that part of the colony is dangerous at night, and she can only have them over at night. So anyway, she never had the missionaries over but she had been to church before, but never felt what she feels now. She used to drink a whole bunch before and I guess she had some kind of problem and went to the doctor who told her that she needed to "find God" and gave her some names of churches. Thankfully her sister showed her the right way to go. We have taught everything with her and we always ask if she has any questions and she says that we always explain everything super clearly. The first Sunday she went to church the topic was baptism and she asked what she had to do to be baptized! She just eats everything up! She is going to be baptized this week and she is super excited. She has been living with her sister in our ward so we go over there to teach. Recently she was reading the Ensign on the temples, so we taught her about it and she told us straight up “I’m going to Guatemala at the end of the month" super sure and everything, so we asked her about if she was going to be baptized, and she asked "what time?" Oh this lady is incredible! We made pupusas with her one night and she gave us free Billabong t-shirts from her work. She is super excited about everything and she has a new outlook on life. It’s been incredible to see the change that she has made. Saturday is going to be a busy day, but we are super excited. Hope everything back home is going great, Happy Birthday Grandpa and Jonathan! Until next week!
Peace!
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment