Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Week #93 - Rain in Spain...er Honduras (Santiago)


OI!!!

Well this week was another very interesting one, but to start things off I don’t have changes. I am staying another change with Elder Baldwin, which makes me happy and also frustrated at the same time, which I will explain a little later. So this week we have been bombarded by a lot of rain, just about every night it rains, and right now it’s raining as well. It’s been pretty fun getting wet and stuff, sure beats the heat!

This week we found some new people, one is a lady named Regina who got in a nasty motorcycle accident a little before I got here. Her left leg is completely broken and they put in a whole bunch of bars in her legs, which in between each one is a break and they are holding the bones together. It is really gnarly, but she seems accepting and hopefully she can feel that the gospel is true. We have been trying to teach a lot this week, however, we left our area almost every day this week and we wouldn’t get back until 3 or 4pm and we would have to eat lunch. Tuesday was district meeting.  Wednesday I had to go to SPS to get my residency fixed and Thurs was a multi zona with Pres. which was awesome! I learned a lot and I really love being able to learn from him.

We made goals to help serve and help members in our area. One of which we had planned serve was our branch president but I am honestly done with him, I can’t handle him anymore. I understand he has a lot of problems (a lot at home and at church) but he can’t take out his frustration on me. Saturday he told a lot of members that I can’t teach, that I am a terrible missionary and that it’s my fault that there is low church attendance, no baptisms, and a whole bunch of stuff. I pretty much lost it since this is the third time that he goes behind my back and says a whole bunch of things that aren’t true to members. He even said that I am "buying" people so they can get baptized! I was furious, sad, everything and when I heard that it completely bummed me out. Luckily the lights went out because I was in no mood to work. My cook, who is the relief society president, was furious as well, for this and some other problems and went and told him what was on her mind. Yesterday he told me that we should focus more on baptisms, because he doesn’t want to tell the stake that we had no baptisms this month. He has gotten used to having at least one every month, but the vast majority, almost all, are inactive and he does nothing to bring them back. I honestly don’t want to baptize just to baptize, I want to make sure people are ready for it. I have had enough of him and this change I am just going to work. I won’t try talking to him, I won’t bother him, I will just work. I am just frustrated that he sits around and does nothing.

On the positive side, we are sure that we will have baptisms this month. Lorena came to church and she is ready even though her kids need a little more time. Ilsi could get baptized as well. I am trying my hardest, I know that I am. I have found that this is my toughest area, without a doubt. I have no idea how this next change will be, but I just hope that we can have some success. Thanks for all the love and support! I hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment