Hola
amigos y familia!
Well this week went by really fast, and every day this week it rained, whether it was sprinkles or hard rain, it rained and it was awesome! We got pretty wet and there was some crazy lightning, so that was a lot of fun this week. We have been working really hard this week to get everything ready for all the people to go to church. Supposedly we were having a special meeting with investigators in mind and everyone was supposed to invite a friend and bring them to church, but no one brought anyone. I guess the stake postponed it till next week.
Well this week went by really fast, and every day this week it rained, whether it was sprinkles or hard rain, it rained and it was awesome! We got pretty wet and there was some crazy lightning, so that was a lot of fun this week. We have been working really hard this week to get everything ready for all the people to go to church. Supposedly we were having a special meeting with investigators in mind and everyone was supposed to invite a friend and bring them to church, but no one brought anyone. I guess the stake postponed it till next week.
So
all week we have been teaching and getting people ready. We have some new
families and people that look interested, however the majority of them didn’t
go to church, and Lorena, our possible baptism, didn’t go either. We were kind
of upset and went to her house and she said something came up, but she is still
looking forward to getting baptized, and her son made a comment about getting
baptized too! Now we just have to wait for them to go to church again. We have
people that say they want to go to church, but never show up. Gustavo´s brother
has gone and he really likes church, and we were really surprised to see his
mom there as well. Ondina, the mom, has a really big debt that she is working a
lot to pay it off, and Sundays she walks everywhere charging people for
products they have bought from her, and normally Sundays are hard for her. She usually
starts at 8am and we wanted her to at least come for the first hour of church,
but she showed up and stayed for all 3 hours! We were really happy and she
seemed to have enjoyed it as well, so hopefully we have some progress there. We
are still working with Ilsi and getting her ready, although she needs to leave
where she is living and leave the guy completely.
This
week I had a really cool experience, we just barely got the Liahonas for March
and April, and I read the article by Elder Bednar on the Atonement, and it
really opened my eyes to a lot of things that I had never realized, like how
the Atonement can give us strength through whatever trial we may have, not just
spiritually but physically as well. I really enjoyed it and I think it is going
to help me finish these next few months great. Today we made pupusas in
Planeta; Ciudad de Paz, *cough cough* haha, so that was a lot of fun today, I was
going to send pics, but I forgot the cable at home, sorry! Well I hope everyone
has a great week this week!
Hasta
pronto!
Elder Neher
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment