Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Week #90 - Umm...delicious! (Santiago)


Hola familia y amigos!

Well another week has come and gone and everything moves along in Santiago. This week started off with a great surprise, a call from Elder Hall in Tegucigalpa, haha! We got home after our internet time and he called around 5pm and we talked for about 20 minutes! He asked for my number a while ago but I didn’t think he would call me. Well he has been trying to take out some papers for a marriage and thought that I was still in Puerto Cortes. It was totally unexpected but don’t worry, he got permission from his leaders to call me! He sounds great and it was awesome to be able to talk to him!

So on Tuesday it was a national holiday and all the buses were not leaving, so we were stuck here all day. On Wed I had divisions with the ZL, Elder Acabal, and we had some good lessons. We are still having problems with people progressing and actually seeing the importance of this gospel in their lives, but we keep trying! I feel like this is the hardest area of my mission. There are just a lot of different problems and I’m not really sure where to begin with them, but we are moving one step at a time. I feel like there are days where I am just totally exhausted after working all day and have a hard time functioning. The heat right now is killing me, but supposedly it will start to rain soon, so hopefully we'll get some relief.

We have people that we are teaching, but it’s hard to finding new investigators because rumors spread around this tiny pueblo like a forest fire and a lot of people have heard a lot of things about the church & members. It’s all lies, but still, it affects us. My comp is doing well, sometimes he´s a bit eccentric, but he´s fun and willing to learn, as well as willing to receive critiques on his Spanish. Anyway, he is doing really well and I hope that he can continue to improve. Ooohhh, before I forget, FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS MAMA! Sorry I forgot to write that last week, but I hope it was a great birthday!

So Lorena wasn’t able to go to church this Sunday, but she is planning on it next week. We went last night to her house and found her reading the Book of Mormon, along with the Bible, and the pamphlets that we leave her. It was awesome! We had a great lesson about faith last night with her and another family. We have a great Relief Society president here named Ruth. She is a recent convert, who supports us in everything. It’s awesome to have at least someone help us here! Regarding the title this week, we were in La Lima and I saw a sign that said “Lima Pizza, umm…delicious” and it made me laugh, like they had to think about if the pizza was delicious or not! Just something dumb I saw this week. Well next week is Mother´s Day and I am excited to be able to talk to everyone, although it feels like yesterday that it was Christmas.

Hasta pronto!
Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment