Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Week #35 - Marriage, it's what brings us together (Cerro Verde)



Buenos dias familia y amigos,

Espero que esta semana estuvo mejor que la semana pasada para todos. This week seemed like to go fast and slow, I don´t really know how to explain it. The days go slow but the week goes fast, or vice versa. I love being here in Honduras, despite the heat and the sweating, it`s all great and I love it.

This week we had the wedding and baptism for Aracely. She is the mother of Yuri, who we baptized in March. Before she was apprehensive to the church, but she went to her daughter´s baptism and after that went to church 4 times before anyone started teaching her. She lives in another area, but she came to our area to be taught due to some problems with the missionaries over there.  Her husband is more comfortable in our ward, but they would come over on bike every day we had an appointment and she learned about everything and loved it, and so Friday we had their wedding and Sunday her baptism, she seemed really happy, as well as her daughter, and we are hoping to be able to teach more people in her family.

Lately it has been kind of hard to find new people, especially seeing how this week is Semana Santa (Holy Week) and everyone is going to the beach or back home to their parents, and the members are going to the temple this week, so I´m not expecting much to happen this week, but we will still work hard regardless.

I have come to realize more and more every day that this church is true. Everything just makes sense to me, everything about the church, the doctrine, it all just clicks in my head, and I generally don´t like things that don’t make sense. I’m not sure about others haha, but for me everything has to fit logically, and I think that is why math and science came easily to me and not literature. I find that I am becoming more confident with talking to complete strangers, but I still feel like I need to improve my communication skills, but I know it will fix itself.

All the days are mixing together and I forget the little details of every day, but I love the mission! I love the people here in Honduras and I love looking forward to the next day. I am grateful for everyone that has been a part of my life, for all the help and support that everyone gives me. I read recently an account of someone in one of the handcart companies that when he got tired he would pick a distant tree and focus on that tree, and when he got to that tree, he picked another noticeable object and would continue onward. What a great example for us! I am grateful for everyone in my life that has helped me to grow and to learn.

I hope everyone has a great week, that this week we can remember the life of Christ, and that we can remember His resurrection and that we too can live again. I am thankful for Him and all that He has done to help me and those around me. Have a great week and you all are always in my prayers.

Elder Neher


Our cook and her family

My district in March, Celestial District!

Zona Fesitranh, Zona Celestial!

Zona Fesitranh with our Zone T-Shirts

All the members of Zona Fesitranh

Our goal for this month is 48 baptisms.

Marriage of Victor and Gisel

Baptism of Victor and Blanca

No comments:

Post a Comment