Hola familia y todos!
This week was great. It has been super hot here, it is ridiculous! No one has AC and it’s lovely with the humidity as well. Anyway, I love it here, this is a great country and the people are amazing. Every day I gain more love for the people and the country.
This week we have been working as hard as we can. We don’t have many investigators but we are working with members to find more people to teach. This area is pretty tiny so my comp has contacted basically everything at least once. He says he is so familiar with the part where we live, Las Cascadas, that he knows everyone, what church they go to, etc. haha! We have a recent convert who made a list of people that we could possibly go teach and so we started teaching her brother who seems really receptive. We haven’t been able to go back with him, but we are planning to go with him more this week. We also received a reference from Choloma and passed by the house and taught Maria. She seems really receptive as well, she understood everything that we taught to her, especially the apostasy, and so we hope she can come with us to church. She wasn’t able to come yesterday, but we are going to keep up with her because she is super pilas.
We also have Arnold, he is the nephew of our cook and he went to Conference and loved it, and church this week as well. He really likes the church but he doesn’t feel ready for baptism yet, but we are trying to help him get ready and everything and hopefully he will get baptized this week. Also we have Aracely, she is the mother of Yuri who we baptized in March, and she is super receptive as well. She loves the church and everything but we just have to get her married and everything will be ready. A problem is that she is technically part of a different area, but for some reason she doesn’t like the missionaries there and her soon-to-be-husband feels more comfortable in our ward, but she has been awesome as well.
As for the big news of the week, we had 2 baptisms! Victor and his neice Blanca. Victor is super pilas! He is very charismatic and willing to learn and we think that if he continues in the church he could be a great leader. He just hasn’t read much of the BoM yet, but we are helping him to get a testimony. He got married Friday, baptized Saturday, and confirmed and Priesthood on Sunday, so it was a very eventful week for him, and his wife is super happy, as well as her grandma, Gisel. The wife is the only one of any of the grandma´s children or grand-children to graduate from high school and get married so it was a very eventful week for the entire family. Blanca is great as well, a bit timid and shy, but with the help of her grandma and aunt she will progress in the church as well.
Well I don’t know who or what happened, but everyone in my ward wants to know why I hate vegetables, which I don’t. I only don’t like tomatoes and cucumbers, but everyone thinks I hate all types of vegetables and some even think I hate fruit, so word spreads fast here and everyone is surprised that I won’t eat anything, which isn’t true! But whatever, it doesn’t bother me that much. Well I hope everything is great back home, that everything is great with the family and with school.
Have a great week!
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment