Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Week #33 - General Conference! (Cerro Verde)

Hola familia y amigos!

I. Love.
Conference. I love it! It was awesome this week to go and listen to the counsel we need for our lives today. I loved all of the talks but I really loved Pres. Ucthdorf's talks, all of them. He really does know how to speak and impact the hearts of those he speaks to. I could feel the passion he has for planes and flying when he explained a bit about it during the Priesthood session. I always knew he loved to do it, but never heard that much love for it come from him, and it made me realize how much I really do love music, and the way it makes me feel to play and make music. It made me remember why I chose to be a missionary and why I love playing and making music. It was a profound feeling and something that rekindled the lost fire within me.

I also loved Elder Scott's talk. I really loved the way he talked about his wife and the things they would do together, it just made me that much more eager to get married :P I also loved, I think it was Elder Ballard who spoke on the gold flecks, and how sometimes we look too much for the bigger things that we miss the little things that are of worth that come into our lives. A lot of the talks this conference focused on families, which really helped a family we recently baptized, la familia Garcia. They have been having problems recently and we took the husband to Priesthood session and he really enjoyed Pres. Monson's talk, so those helped out a lot for them.

We went to the stake center in Fesitranh, which looks like a regular church building by our standards, haha but it’s huge and has AC, and I was able to watch it in English! Even better, haha! I want to say that we had at least 6 investigators attend, but I’m not sure who else went. There were so many people we didn’t even see some of the converts we had at all the whole day yesterday (because the majority of people, including members, only went to the Sunday morning session… lame).

I loved being able to listen to the prophet and apostles, and every time before Pres. Monson was about to talk I got super eager and put all my focus on him, and he seemed to stall just to make me desire more! I love listening to him and what he has to say for us. I loved the talk, I don’t remember who it was, that talked about desires, that we should have good desires that override the desires of our mortal body and our carnal mind. Conference went by so fast, I was surprised at how fast it went and that I wasn’t tired at all! I was a bit worried I would be just from the heat and walking everywhere, but it was nice to be able to be alert and attentive to listen and understand what I need in my life right now. 

My companion is not getting transferred and I’m fine with it. He's kind of done with the area (not saying he doesn’t want to work) but he has already contacted everything and knows everyone that lives near our house! He didn’t want to leave for the people we have and the members, but did want to only because it’s small here. I’m feeling more comfortable in the area, I know my way around and I would like to work a bit more with members, but sometimes our schedule doesn’t allow us, but with some members I do feel like I have their confidence. During this last change I learned that sometimes I shirked my responsibilities as a deacon, teacher and priest, as a member of the presidency, I learned that as well during Priesthood session, and I really want to make it up for what I didn’t do, and that I shouldn’t be afraid to talk to people, which has gotten a lot easier.

I hope everyone enjoyed Conference as much as I did and that you were able to take someone to listen! It’s a perfect opportunity to share the gospel and show people what we really teach and believe. I don’t have much time left one the computer and I can’t add more, but I just wanted to say I love the mission, I love the people of Honduras, I’m super excited that Chase gets to come enjoy this country as well, I know he will! I love everything that I have been blessed with in my life, an amazing family, great friends, and talents that I am grateful I can develop and share with those around me. I hope everyone has a great week and that you do the best you can in all you do!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment