Buenas Tardes todos!
Well, this week was definitely an interesting one. To start things off, I do have changes this week and I am very happy, even though I feel bad that Elder Baldwin has to keep dealing with the problems that come up. This week was a very trying one for me personally. I feel like out of all my areas, I have tried my hardest here to just make sure everything goes right and that we get baptisms. I have read talks, heard great messages from Pres. and it all gets me excited to work and I start putting stuff into practice and then something comes to kill it all. This week was pretty bad that way. Honestly I think our branch president is jealous that we eat where we do, because the missionaries used to eat at his house but then they changed places. The place where we normally eat now is a family restaurant and we always go in the kitchen to help, or talk or whatever. On Friday night the BP showed up and was super angry saying that he didn’t want to see us in the kitchen, only in the main part, sitting, waiting for our food and nothing else. We were so mad that we just grabbed our food and went home to eat it. Apparently later he went back looking for us, and since we weren’t there he started talking to la Familia Carranza (the cook and her family) and they got really upset because of the things he said. I’m not entirely sure what he said, but it was enough. On Saturday we didn’t have any enthusiasm to work. Both of us felt terrible and la Familia Carranza was so mad that they didn’t want to go to church. Everyone we visited could tell that we were not doing well. We both felt done for the day but then we thought, what do we want to do, go home or go to La Zona, a different part of our area? We decide to go there and as we are walking we ran into the 'wife' of an investigator who told us that he was home, so we went up to see him. We taught him a great lesson about the Book of Mormon and the spirit was so strong that he was about to cry. It was a great way to get us back in the right mind for working. Later we finished the day by visiting a couple of recent converts. On Sunday our BP called us into his office for an interview (which, if I’m not mistaken, he shouldn’t do) and tried to 'fix' the situation. He was trying to say everything was a ticking time bomb waiting to happen because we took Ruth, one of la Familia Carranza, out with us too much to visit people. She is one of the few members who has been willing to help us! I was trying really hard to stay calm, but I told him everything that was on my mind and hopefully he can do better when the next elder comes. I have noticed that Satan has attacked me a bunch here, because this is where I have felt that I wanted to work my hardest and stuff always happens to get in our way.
Well, this week was definitely an interesting one. To start things off, I do have changes this week and I am very happy, even though I feel bad that Elder Baldwin has to keep dealing with the problems that come up. This week was a very trying one for me personally. I feel like out of all my areas, I have tried my hardest here to just make sure everything goes right and that we get baptisms. I have read talks, heard great messages from Pres. and it all gets me excited to work and I start putting stuff into practice and then something comes to kill it all. This week was pretty bad that way. Honestly I think our branch president is jealous that we eat where we do, because the missionaries used to eat at his house but then they changed places. The place where we normally eat now is a family restaurant and we always go in the kitchen to help, or talk or whatever. On Friday night the BP showed up and was super angry saying that he didn’t want to see us in the kitchen, only in the main part, sitting, waiting for our food and nothing else. We were so mad that we just grabbed our food and went home to eat it. Apparently later he went back looking for us, and since we weren’t there he started talking to la Familia Carranza (the cook and her family) and they got really upset because of the things he said. I’m not entirely sure what he said, but it was enough. On Saturday we didn’t have any enthusiasm to work. Both of us felt terrible and la Familia Carranza was so mad that they didn’t want to go to church. Everyone we visited could tell that we were not doing well. We both felt done for the day but then we thought, what do we want to do, go home or go to La Zona, a different part of our area? We decide to go there and as we are walking we ran into the 'wife' of an investigator who told us that he was home, so we went up to see him. We taught him a great lesson about the Book of Mormon and the spirit was so strong that he was about to cry. It was a great way to get us back in the right mind for working. Later we finished the day by visiting a couple of recent converts. On Sunday our BP called us into his office for an interview (which, if I’m not mistaken, he shouldn’t do) and tried to 'fix' the situation. He was trying to say everything was a ticking time bomb waiting to happen because we took Ruth, one of la Familia Carranza, out with us too much to visit people. She is one of the few members who has been willing to help us! I was trying really hard to stay calm, but I told him everything that was on my mind and hopefully he can do better when the next elder comes. I have noticed that Satan has attacked me a bunch here, because this is where I have felt that I wanted to work my hardest and stuff always happens to get in our way.
Something really great
this week happened as well. In the midst of all this chaos, Tuesday night we
got a call that a sister, Luisa who wanted us to go to her house because she
was feeling a bit sick. We had English class that we had to get ready for, but
we left and showed up at her house. Turns out that a little after she called us
she passed out. She is in her 70s and hadn’t been feeling good throughout the
day and supposedly her blood pressure dropped a lot. We got there, checked her
vitals, and found that her pulse was weak. We explained to those who weren’t
members what we were going to do for the blessing, and then we gave it. Later
she told us that even though she was unconscious that she recognized that she received
a blessing, and she knows that that's what helped her. Right after the blessing
her pulse got better and she seemed a lot better. We left and later that night
she got a bit worse, but they gave her a shot to help her. We showed up the
next day and she looked better but she still couldn’t sit up, she just felt way
too tired. The next day before we left she sat up, and the next day she was
walking around her house. She now has a really strong testimony and faith in
the church and the blessing we gave her. It was great to know that we could
help her and that we were willing to follow the prompting to go. This week was
hard, but I hope that my next area I can finish with a bang. I definitely
learned a lot here and overall it was a good area, just super hard. Well, I
hope everyone has a great week!
Hasta pronto!
Elder Neher
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment