![]() |
| Montecristo and Confite Wards |
Hola
a todos!
Well this week has been fun! My goodbye in Santiago was ok, my cook cried, others cried and the morning we left in the bus for SPS, the BP was hiding behind his wall watching us, bah! My new area is called Montecritso in La Ceiba, by the beach!!! I love the beach and the weather here is beautiful! There are mountains close by and we live only a few blocks from the beach. It is amazing here and I am so ready to work! My area consists of 2 wards and an extension (it’s like a mini branch) and our coverage area is pretty big. Our work schedule consists of Monday through Thursday here in Montecristo, Friday in Confite, and Saturday in La Masica. On Sunday normally one of us stays here in the Montecristo Ward while the other goes to the Confite Ward. We have investigators in all three areas, with some progressing more than others, but the members in all three areas are ready and willing to work! We get a lot of references and the members will go on visits with us or invite people to their house for us to teach them, it’s awesome! Our area is pretty big. It takes about an hour to go through it in bus, but it’s fun.
Well this week has been fun! My goodbye in Santiago was ok, my cook cried, others cried and the morning we left in the bus for SPS, the BP was hiding behind his wall watching us, bah! My new area is called Montecritso in La Ceiba, by the beach!!! I love the beach and the weather here is beautiful! There are mountains close by and we live only a few blocks from the beach. It is amazing here and I am so ready to work! My area consists of 2 wards and an extension (it’s like a mini branch) and our coverage area is pretty big. Our work schedule consists of Monday through Thursday here in Montecristo, Friday in Confite, and Saturday in La Masica. On Sunday normally one of us stays here in the Montecristo Ward while the other goes to the Confite Ward. We have investigators in all three areas, with some progressing more than others, but the members in all three areas are ready and willing to work! We get a lot of references and the members will go on visits with us or invite people to their house for us to teach them, it’s awesome! Our area is pretty big. It takes about an hour to go through it in bus, but it’s fun.
My
new companion is Elder Novoa from Chinandegas, Nicaragua, and his dad was
baptized by someone I know in Puerto. Weird huh? He is really cool. This is his
second change, so I have to finish training him which shouldn’t be too hard, since
I’ve done it plenty of times before. He is cool, it just seems that he wants to
dominate a little in the lessons but we will see how it goes as time goes on.
On
Sunday we went to Confite because an area seventy, Elder Ocampos showed up and
he gave a really good talk, then we had to come back to Montecristo to see how
our investigators were doing. We had 7 investigators at church yesterday! We
have one whose name is Nidia and she was going to get baptized in another area
last year, but someone put stuff in her head and she got scared. Recently she
went to a baptism and has gone to church twice and now she wants to get
baptized! She walks a really good distance to get to us to have the lessons, it’s
crazy! Yesterday we were teaching a lesson to her at a members house when they
invited someone else to listen too. She said that she liked what we taught and
that no one could confuse her now because she came and listened to us and you
could tell that she was ready to listen to us.
Well
I don’t have a lot of time today, but I love the work! I am so happy to be here
and this is the greatest thing I could be doing right now. Apparently Pres.
Veirs doesn’t allow missionaries to extend (I heard other elders that wanted to
and said they can’t) so I’m done in August! I am thankful for all the people that
have had an impact on me in my life. Hopefully I can have the same type of
effect on others! Well hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Neher
Elder Neher




No comments:
Post a Comment