Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Week #101 - Rare Reunions (Montecristo)


 
Hola familia!

Well this week went by a little too fast, but it was filled with a lot of good stuff.  To start off, last Monday I had an interesting run-in with some Americans. They were at the computer next to me and they noticed me watching Mormon Messages and when I sang at General Conference and commented on it. They asked for help on their computer and I helped them a bit. Later they got off while I was up front paying and I heard them say 'oh its 11' and they started taking out dollars. I mentioned that I hadn’t seen dollars in a while and they asked how long I had been here for (they were only here for a week for a church service project). Anyway, I told them I would pay because 11 limps is only 60 cents. When they kept insisting they said, 'well, now you got some dollars!' gave me a five, said ‘God bless you’ and walked out. It was pretty funny!

Well so this week we have been working as hard as we can! I have also had some interesting reunions this week. One started with Hno Amador, he is the guy that goes to all the missionaries’ houses and church buildings in Honduras and sprays them for bugs. He showed up and I was able to talk to him and found out about some people from my area 6 de Mayo that are going on a mission, it was awesome! So there was that, then the next day we went to a member’s house around 10am to teach them something and when we showed up, a truck selling veggies pulled up and the guy said “Hi”.  I said hi back but I kept walking to our appointment. Well he kept calling and so I looked back and realized it was Gina's husband! (she was one of my converts from 6 de Mayo) I had a great chat with him, and found out that he recently got baptized! That made me so happy!! Later on in the week we went to Hna Fausta and Merci’s house (the two that called you guys) and they got the Patriarch from Puerto Cortes on the phone. It was because of him that they joined the church and so I talked to him for a good while and caught up on things in Puerto Cortes. Then on Sunday I went to church in Confite while my comp stayed in Montecristo and there I ran into another member from 6 de Mayo. His last name is Carcamo and he served in Costa Rica and knows Kati Hunsaker. I talked with him for a while and then last night there was the Pioneer concert here in La Ceiba and we took an investigator to see it. While I was there I saw a member from my first area Olanchito! He told me about everything that’s going on out there, and that Pedro, my last baptism there, recently got sealed in the temple!!! I was super excited! Later someone called him and his mom answered and so I talked to her for a bit. It has been a really cool week being able to see and talk with so many people from my different areas!

So, getting back to the work here in Montecristo, things are going really good. This next weekend we will have a baptism, Nidia will get baptized and she is really excited about it. We will also have a baptism on the 6th as well. There is a return missionary that lives above us and he has a girlfriend that has wanted to get baptized but she just had to wait for him to be ready. Now everything is good to go to get them baptized. I am loving the work and I really don’t want to go home, but everything is great down here. It’s raining a lot and I love it, and the beach is amazing of course! I hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment