Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Week #83 - Elder Martino Visit (Santiago)


La Lima Zone with Elder & Sister Martino & Pres. & Sis. Veirs
Hello Familia y amigos!

Well this week was a pretty good week, and it’s just weird to think of how much time I have left, yesterday I completed 19 months! I really don’t like thinking about it! Well here I’m still trying to get used to my area. It’s a bit of a pain having to hike up a steep hill every day to get home, but I’ll live, haha! 

This week we have been trying to get some families ready for baptism, however we have to get them married and they are super poor, so that’s always a problem. This week was interesting in that we not only had a visit from Elder Martino, but we also had a stake conference that was held for all of Central America with Pres. Boyd K. Packer presiding. So to start I will start with Elder Martino, it was a great Multizona. He touched on some weak points that we have in the mission right now and he helped us to try and find ways to strengthen those areas. He was a great speaker and it was really awesome to listen to him. I took a lot of notes and hope to be able to improve my missionary skills. The only thing that was a bummer was that we got back to our area super late because it takes FOREVER to get here since it’s basically in the middle of nowhere.

We have been trying to work hard to get some new people, and this weekend we had the stake conference. On Saturday we didn’t have anyone show up and we basically wasted a day, but Sunday we had 13 investigators go, and the majority were brought by members! They all really enjoyed it and were pleased with what they heard. Sister Ann M Dibb talked about virtue, Elder Clark about finding the lost sheep, Elder Clayton about the promise in the Book of Mormon that “if ye keep my commandments, ye shall prosper in the land” and Pres. Packer talked about his youth and how we need to learn while we are in our youth. It was a great meeting and I really loved it. Don’t have much time today, but that was basically everything that happened this week. Hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment