Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Week #82 - Goin' Golfin' (Santiago)

Golfing with Elder Perez

Hola familia y amigos!


Well all is well here, although I was pretty sad to leave my last area. I didn’t really have a lot of time there but I really enjoyed it. Tuesday night we went to tell Fam Alvarez and Lillian started crying, so we talked for a bit and when we left she gave me a huge hug. I wasn’t expecting it, but I didn’t want to tell her no since she wouldn’t understand and was so emotional. Darlyn gave me a big hug as well, it was pretty sad. I really want to visit them when I come back! Yeah so we found out this week that the area presidency says that we aren’t allowed to visit areas when we finish our mission, not until we get home and come back, so I think we should plan a trip to come back when they dedicate the temple in Tegus. It would be so much better that way. 


So my new area is Santiago, part of La Lima and it is a little pueblito in the middle of nowhere. There are banana plantations nearby, and my area is super hilly and super steep and there are a lot of stairs to climb. Supposedly there are some Mayan ruins around here, so we are going to hit those up later! Here it is a tiny branch that has very low church attendance, and the oldest people in the ward have a little over a year being in the church.  There are a lot of inactives, due to rumors and people being very judgmental in the church and a lot of people were baptized only so they could get food assistance. The church building is a house that they are renting, but hopefully we will have a building here in the near future, as soon as legal matters are taken care of (another church heard we wanted to buy land for a building and they are occupying the area for now, illegally) So it’s going to be a bit tough, and it’s going to take some getting used to this area because it’s the poorest one I have had in my mission and it is super steep.  Everywhere else has been super flat. 


New area - Santiago, La Lima
New Area - Santiago, La Lima
So my new companion is Elder Perez, he is from Guatemala City, Guatemala, and his family is very well to do. He studied for 4 years in England, 2 in Spain, has been to a ton of Real Madrid games. He’s also gone to Morroco, El Salvador, Argentina, Colombia, and the States, and he lives super close to the temple. It makes me laugh every time we talk about it because he is ridiculously loaded, but he is very humble about everything, and he’s really great.  I’m his third comp, and this is his third change, so things should go well here. This area of La Lima has the best milkshakes in all of Honduras, the international airport, and a golf course, and we went and played (rather unprofessionally) but it was fun, haha! I am hoping this change will bring a whole bunch of success for us. I hate thinking I only have 6 months left, it sure doesn’t feel like it! Well I hope everyone has a great week!


Elder Neher


No comments:

Post a Comment