Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Week #71 - A Catracho Christmas (Puerto Cortes)


Hola amigos y familia!





Well it was awesome to be able to talk to everyone yesterday, it really made for a good Christmas! Well I said a lot of what happened already on the phone call, but I´ll inform everyone else on what’s going on here in Puerto. So this week was pretty bad as it goes for missionary work, it was really slow because the majority of our investigators were out of town or just weren’t home when we had them planned, so it was pretty bad teaching wise, but we did have fun.




President has weekly goals he wants us to do, and this week one of them was to go Christmas caroling, so we went to a few houses to go sing. A lot of people said we could come back to teach them but we’ve only been back with one of them so far. We sang Away in a Manger at one lady’s house and all her grandkids came out to listen. When we finished we went to the door to talk to her and she was crying, so we went back to teach her and she seems really receptive. She said that she has already been baptized, but we will be able to teach her.



The ward here is really not unified. The Christmas party was pretty lame and only 72 people went to church yesterday =/ In spite of it all, it still was a fun week. On Wed. we had a zone breakfast and Hna Lopez made basically everything. We had homemade biscuits and gravy, homemade cinnamon rolls, pancakes, eggs, bacon, and we watched the Polar Express. It was an amazing breakfast and I was so full afterwards. So one of the biggest highlights this week was seeing Isis again. She was one of my super pilas converts from Cerro Verde and was here in Puerto visiting her mother. It’s only been a couple of months since I left there, but we both freaked out when we saw each other haha! I was so happy to see her, she is one of the best converts I have had in the mission, so it was a great Christmas present to see her again. Well we didn’t eat that many tamales which I am happy about. After two I start to feel sick. Well that is basically all that happened, it was a really slow week due to Christmas, but it was a great Christmas indeed. I hope everyone has a great week and that everyone enjoys the last week of 2011!




Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment