Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Week #70 - Oh, Wow! Changes! (Puerto Cortes)


New Area! Puerto Cortes

Hola! Que onda? jaja

Well this week was pretty interesting, especially with changes, but we will get to that a little later...

So like I said last week that my bishop announced that I was leaving, a lot of members were sad and our investigators. It was pretty hard to say goodbye to a lot of them, especially Hno Salinas, he was pretty upset. He said that he cried when they got home, and he told me that a piece of his heart was leaving with me, and he wants me to be able to go to his baptism. I really hope I can! Tuesday I said goodbye to a lot of people, and we said good bye to Irene, a convert of another elder from Trujillo, and we went to her house later on Tuesday to watch the Joseph Smith movie. We watched it with her and her soon to be husband, and he isn’t a member but he really liked it. She bore her testimony of the prophet and said that if all the people saw this video they would understand that we praise God, not Joseph Smith, and her husband agreed. Part of the movie shows the prophet teaching someone a lesson about helping your spouse. Joseph Smith was shaking dust from a carpet and the guy said he shouldn’t be doing tasks like that if he has a wife to do it, and Joseph Smith said that if we don’t learn how to take care of her and love her in this life why would we in the eternities? So later the guy in the movie starts helping his wife by shaking out the dust from their rug, and the husband of Irene was so impacted by that that when we went Tuesday he was washing all the clothes, it was awesome!

Well like I said, Tuesday was saying goodbye to everyone, and the bishop was very grateful for my work and help in the ward. Everyone was sad to see me go, so then we had CHANGES! I was kind of nervous, one for who was going with Elder Ward, and where and with whom I was going. Elder Ward is with Elder Webb, an elder that started with me on the mission, and now I am in.... duh duh duh, Puerto Cortes! I’m so excited to be here! I have heard it’s a great area. It’s really big and its along the beach, and I LOVE the beach! The cook here has already given me some things from Honduras, and it’s weird cause I’m back in Zona Fesitranh again! I was here in Cerro Verde, but now I’m a lot farther north. My comp is Elder Peterson, from Utah. He has 7 months in the mission and his Spanish is pretty good. I think we will be able to get along and work hard this change. I think I will stay here and train again because a lot of new elders come in January. Right now I’m district leader, I have 2 sisters and 2 other missionaries in my district, Hna Sanchez from Nicaragua, Hna Mower from Oregon, Elder Galvez from Guate and Elder Salcido from Mexico. They all seem pretty excited to work, and its weird cause I’m the one that has the most time in the mission in my district! That’s kind of weird, haha!

Well I love it here so far. I have hot water showers (it’s been so long and they feel so good!) I did get pretty sick when I got here. We were walking around and it poured so much here, it was ridiculous! I got a nice cold from it and woke up yesterday not being able to talk, and almost no one went to church because it was raining. None of our investigators went and I stayed home while my comp went out to work. The nurse told me to stay in and just rest a bit. The work should be interesting here because there aren’t a lot of progressing investigators right now, but hopefully we will be able to pick it up. We are doing a present exchange and breakfast as a zone on Wed. to get ready for Christmas and I have to get something for a sister in the zone, so hopefully I can get her something that would be good! I hope everyone has a great weekend and especially a great Christmas!

Feliz Navidad, Buiti Fédurugu

Elder Neher

The main part of the ward is on this peninsula.

Looking towards downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment