Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Week #69 - Last Week in Seis de Mayo



Buenos dias familia y amigos!



Well this week was kind of crazy, full of a lot of activities, but it was a lot of fun. So on Tuesday I went on divisions with Elder Hafen, my ZL and we went to his area. He's from California and he's an awesome guy. We went to a couple houses to teach. He baptized the mom of a member in my area, so I got to know a little bit more about her family and we took out a member they reactivated that wants to go on a mission. I called her a "firecracker" cause she was on fire, she was talking to everyone, and when I met her, she had questions that were one after another, it was kind of funny. We had some really good lessons and that night Elder Hafen called Elder Ellett, the AP to ask if I could do something at the Christmas Multizona, and Elder Ellett, without asking knew what it was that they all wanted me to do, so I only had Wednesday to practice and Thursday perform.



So this week was more preparing everything for Rosa so she could get baptized, and she did which was really nice. Not a lot of members showed up, but she felt the support from them at church yesterday. A family here took their friends to church again and it’s an awesome family that has a lot of faith in the Lord. In that family is someone who served with Katie Hunsaker in Costa Rica, they entered together. Ask her if she remembers Javier Rodriguez (or Carcamo). Well Thursday was the Multizona with the entire mission except for Colon and Ceiba, and it was awesome! Before we went we went as a zone to Denny's for some breakfast, and I loved it. Unfortunately I can’t eat as much as before and didn’t finish my meal, which is fine. I’m still losing weight haha! The Christmas videos were hilarious and afterwards we had the talent show, and there were some really good skits, and of course mine was last. I don’t know how they convinced Pres to do it, but I performed Single Ladies for the mission and everyone took videos and was going crazy. I definitely forgot some moves, but everyone loved it, haha!



Friday we had a zone breakfast and watched a movie, don’t remember what it’s called, but its about 2 fugitives who steal the elders car and pretend to be them in their next area. It was pretty funny, and we had fun together as a zone. Saturday was crazy getting the baptism ready. It was a pretty fun week. We found some new people that could progress, but this week I’ve had in mind the changes and that I am leaving here. It’s sad that I won’t have Christmas here, but I know that wherever I am is where I’m supposed to be, and I do feel like I’ve done a good job here in this area. Yesterday the bishop announced in church that I will be leaving, and he was crying and was very grateful that I was here in their ward. Afterwards a lot of people came up and said thanks as well, it was very touching. This was a great area but I know that I need to move on and to progress more in this work. Who knows where I will go, but it will be where the Lord wants me. Thanks everyone for everything and I hope that everyone has a great week!



Elder Neher



No comments:

Post a Comment