| Baptism of Yadira & Jose |
| Making Papusas! |
| Baptism of Isis |
Buenas familia y amigos!
Well first of all, thanks for the birthday wishes! It really was a great birthday and it feels like so long ago that it happened! It was a really nice birthday but it just kind of stunk that I had to say good bye to everyone that day. Well that morning we had a zone meeting to share testimonies for those who were leaving etc, and at the end the ZL’s brought in a huge cake for my birthday, made by one of the members in their ward. So I got my first cake and after that we went around to say goodbye to a few families (I had said goodbye to quite a few on Sunday & Monday when I thought I was going to have changes) and we went to try and see Yadira and Jose to say goodbye but they weren’t there. She wanted me to write them something and she wanted to write me something as well. She is such a sweet lady and when I got here to my new area I felt a little empty inside because I wasn’t able to see them or Isis, but I know they are alright. They have a huge place in my heart! That was one of the hard parts about leaving my last area.
Basically we said goodbye all day long, got some more cake from a member and went to my birthday party, which was really fun. I had to punch the piñata because they didn’t want me breaking anything in the house, and I almost punched my cook and her sister haha!! Then everyone went around and said something nice about me and my cook almost started crying. They made a whole bunch of carne asada and my convert Isis gave me 2 new shirts from her work (she says she has another present on the way) and they got a nice chocolate/strawberry cake which my face got smashed in. It was a great night! Elder Anderson has the pics and everything so I’ll send them to you when i can. Oh and later that night President called to say happy birthday, which really surprised me (and scared me at the same time, haha!). When he called I had forgotten taht it was my birthday. ooo that night I also shoved a whole bunch of cotton in Elder Anderson´s toe for his in-grown toenail, it was pretty fun haha!
Well, changes was interesting. I didn’t feel that nervous at all, kind of excited, and I kept joking with Elder Anderson that he would be made a trainer, and he was, with an Elder from Guatemala that looks like he should be in primary! I was called to go to 6 de Mayo with Elder Porter. He is from North Ogden and has 5 months on his mission. I’m his 2nd comp in the mission! He is ready to work which is really nice. The area here is hot (of course), it is terrible! My first two days here I kept getting headaches (I still do) but the sun was just so strong that I would have to stop walking to get my head straight. One day I honestly felt like a zombie! The area here is huge and has had problems in the past with the missionaries and the members (namely Latin elders and the single women in the ward). It has been 8 years since they have had 2 Americans here at the same time, so this should be interesting. This area also has a very high concentration of black people, which I haven’t seen here before. I’m not really sure why. We have a baptism planned next week for a black lady and her daughter and hopefully we can confirm them the same day, because next Sunday is the San Salvador temple dedication and after that will be stake conference, so hopefully it can go through. I hope that this will be a great area and that we will be able to baptize a lot of people!
I have learned so many things on my mission that I don’t think I can write them all, but I do want to be a better missionary then I was the day before, improving who I am and how I work. My life is so different than one year ago because I’m a missionary! Thanks for all the love and support!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment