Hola familia y todos!
Well this week was a scorcher, at least I felt like it was, and we have been trying really hard again to find more people to teach. We have received quite a few references and they look pretty positive, so we'll see how it goes. It’s been hard still for me just knowing that I have changes, (which yes I do) and it’s been hard to find new people, but whatevs, haha. We have found some really great people that will most likely get baptized. This area has been amazing! I have left a really good impression and the members are sad to see me go and I am sad too. I have really loved it here but I know I need to move on.
This Sunday there were a bunch of people at church and I was really happy to see Victor at church. I was elated that he showed up with his wife on their own and that he was dressed in church clothes and with his hair combed (we gave him the clothes when he was baptized and he never wore them). He blessed his baby, it was incredible, and he stayed the entire time and all the members were happy to see him, I was super excited. Well this last week we had the baptism of Santana, the girlfriend of a member. We didn’t really feel ready to baptize her but our DL came to talk with her and asked her if she wanted to get baptized that week and she said yes. We were kind of upset because our DL has been pushing us to get her baptized only for the number we are sure of, which is so dumb, but whatever.
So this week we had one lady we have been teaching come to church, by herself, and she loved it! Hopefully she will progress. She was one that went to our activity with the Relief Society an hour early and she has been reading the Liahonas she has received. Super pilas! Well my cook and her sister Isis, one of our converts, have been planning a giant birthday party for me with a piñata and everything, so we'll see how tomorrow is! I have had some great converts here and it’s kind of sad to leave. This has been a great change. Elder Anderson is stinkin awesome! We have had so much fun together, lots of crazy memories!
Well today we went to Omoa as a zone to see an old fort and go see the beach. It was pretty cool, but I am beat now. Well for some crazy stuff that has happened recently, this week we were getting ready to head out and there was a giant moth in our house. It was the size of my hand! So we get it caught and send it on its way but it flies back towards the house and out of instinct Elder Anderson hits it with a magazine and sends it flying. It was hilarious! It eventually died but it was super funny. Well thanks for the love and support. This should be a great birthday and hopefully next week I’m in an area with rain! Haha!
Hasta luego!
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment