Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Week #24 - Working Hard and Hardly Working (Bellavista Branch)

Hola todos!

Well this week went almost exactly as I thought it would. The last time we had problems we would work super hard for a week, then the next week basically nothing. My comp was sick on Tuesday so we didn’t do much. We would have passed by with Marí Denia, a woman who is progressing amazingly well, but she left for Teguc and her daughter is all over my comp, so we are only going to pass there when the mom is there and with members.

I had divisions on Thursday with one of my ZL’s, Elder Jackson. He is really cool, but he wasn’t feeling really good, and the nurse said to stay home and not go out if it rains, which it did, so we didn’t do much then. We stayed here in Olanchito and yes, I was able to say some things to him. He was asleep a lot because he didn’t feel good, but I was able to tell him some stuff. The last couple days we didn’t do much, once again. I knew this would happen again, but tomorrow we have interviews, so I’m gonna let Pres. Veirs know everything that’s on my mind.

I’m sorry this letter is really short, but I can’t really think of more to write. This week we should work more. I guess we have a baptism planned for Saturday. The branch president's brother got re-activated and his son is getting baptized.  I think he's nine, so it counts as a convert baptism. We just have to teach him a bit and he's ready for Saturday.

I finished the Book of Mormon! Well, kind of, haha! I want to finish it in Spanish, but then I started from where I was and read the rest in English. I read a lot over the last couple days, so I hope to finish it in Spanish soon and then turn around and do it again! I have learned so much from that book! I really feel like I can’t put it down, it’s been pulling me in like never before. I have never felt this big of a desire to read it and analyze it. I really do love this book and I hope to keep learning more. I know that it was inspired of God and that we can learn so much about our own personal salvation from it. I hope everyone reads it and gains this desire to not put it down. It is an amazing feeling to have.

I hope everything goes well back home and that you all are enjoying everything like I am down here!

Hasta Luego,

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment