Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Week #21 - Guipers Creepers (Bellavista Branch)

Hola todos!

Bueno, this week went by better than the last. We did get some work done, and there were still days where we didn’t do much, but we are progressing and moving forward. This week we went out to the farthest part of our area, the colonies Triangle 1 and 2. They are super far away from everything, but seeing as how neither of us have been out there, we decided to give it a try and found some people we hope can progress. What happens is we contact them one day, set up the appointment for the next day, and then don’t even go out, so I hope we can change that soon.

Today we found out about who has changes, and neither of us do, but Elder Diaz in Olanchito does, and we all think Elder Denning will be moved to district leader, so I have at least one more transfer here in Olanchito and then I move on! We are going to try and work more with members, at least that’s what I hope for, but we´ll see what happens. The two daughters at our cook’s house are both leaving, one to college in SPS and the other to Spain, so that should reduce our time at the cooks house. I’m confident we can get more done here and if not, I’m going to talk to Elder Contreras about it, but let’s hope things work out smoothly.

I’ve been studying lately in the Bible dictionary, I’ve been finding myself sitting here wanting to learn more, about physics or whatever. I miss school and learning! Ha ha Well, I have 2 pages left and in the Bible dictionary and can say I have learned a lot from it, and gained a lot of insight into other things too. It’s definitely worth the read!

Well as for the title of the letter this week, a “guiper” (I’m assuming this is how its spelled, since they pronounce it “geeper”) is a girl that is falling for a missionary, and I think you all know where this is going. Well, two of our investigators are sisters, they are 15 and 18, and they both are my “guipers” right now. One texted the other during a lesson commenting on my lips, while the other said she liked my eyes. Well at least they haven’t done anything, thank goodness! The other day we were teaching them when their neighbor came by, who sat next to me and commented on my eyes, asking if they were contacts (while I was wearing my glasses ¬.¬) Well she started saying she wanted to get married to someone on Monday, so I told her that she better start looking for someone. Then one of the sisters asked her what she liked about me, she said my eyes, ears, mouth, nose, everything, and my comp and Mochi (daughter of our cook) were sitting there smirking. Music was playing and this lady asked if I wanted to go inside the house to dance, which I kindly rejected, saying it was against the rules. The entire time I was sitting there she was staring at me, and then she made a comment about me sweating (beforehand I was, but at this point I wasn’t) and began to stroke my hair, all the while everyone laughing, and I was laughing too, cause I didn’t know what to do! Well she ended up leaving and the sisters told me she has a mental problem, but still, I’m sure she was about to kiss me, in which case I would have been taken out of here. This happened to another gringo elder out here, with another person, and for about a year they only sent Latinos out here. So that was my fun little adventure for the week!

Well I hope all is going well back home and that everyone is doing great!

Hasta luego!
Elder Steven Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment