Hola todos!
Well I would just like to let you all know that as I am writing this letter I am sweating like crazy! It is starting to get hot here, really hot, nice and sticky, haha, but I love it and I’m getting a wonderful missionary tan line as well!
Well I would just like to let you all know that as I am writing this letter I am sweating like crazy! It is starting to get hot here, really hot, nice and sticky, haha, but I love it and I’m getting a wonderful missionary tan line as well!
Well, this week started off a bit tough, but I am not going to dwell on what happened, just live and learn, let bygones be bygones. The good news though is that we are working, and hard! Holy cow, we are walking super fast, getting to the outskirts of Olanchito. We have found one family that is progressing amazingly well! We contacted the house a few weeks ago, but never went back out to go visit them until this week, and she told us "where were you, I was waiting" (slap in the face!) Well we have been teaching her and her daughter. The mom, Marí, is accepting everything, the daughter too, but we think she is a “guiper” haha! Well I wasn’t there for the second lesson, I was on divisions, but they taught about the Book of Mormon and they left Alma 32, which I thought was really interesting, but when we came back she read the entire thing and told us her thoughts about it, and she really liked it. So we invited them to church, where apparently they have quite a few friends, and they really enjoyed it. They couldn’t stay for the last hour, but we were so happy to see them there.
This week we had 7 investigators at church! 3 of which we didn’t really think would come. One of them approached us saying he wanted to go, so we taught him but this last Sunday has been his first time at church, as well a step brother and the boyfriend of Rey came (they were drunk, but at least they came, right?) One investigator has been to church so many times, but the problem is her “husband” doesn’t want to get married and their kids already have kids, so we want to go talk to him about helping her progress, because he has halted her progression. The last investigator that was at church is the husband of a member, who didn’t seem interested before, but one of the members has been visiting him and he came last week and this week. We taught him L1 this week and he really likes everything. This member put a baptismal date with him for the 26th of February, but we want to push it to a Saturday and a little sooner.
So, this week I went to SPS again, with most of the elders I came with from the US to take out our residency! Now I am an official resident of Honduras! The plus is that it is good for two years starting when my visa expires in Feb., so I have an extra 6 months if I want to live here later on, haha! Well while I was at the office I talked to an elder who was in my area before and he told me that they were planning on having me out here for 6 months, which doesn’t bother me. It just means I’ll leave Olanchito in April, haha! Well I hope everything is doing well back home, and that you aren’t dying from the heat yet like I am!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment