Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Week #19 - Feliz Christmas (Bellavista Branch)

Hola amigos and Familia!

Well to update all on what we did this week was basically nothing. Nothing at all, no lessons, no visits with members and I feel terrible about it. I know we are losing the trust and confidence of the members here, which is kind of frustrating because I love them all so much. I really can’t do much because I’m "not in charge of the area" so there’s nothing I can really do. One of the members at the cook´s house told me that the members think we don’t care about them anymore because with most of them we used to pass by at least once a week and now we don’t. Nothing happened at church yesterday like I thought it would and I haven’t said anything to my leaders yet either. I want to wait and see what happens this next week after New Years.

Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas back in the states and that its nice and cold over there :P haha! Well tonight my cook is going to kill an iguana to cook, which sounds really good! I picked it up last night thinking it was dead, but it was still alive! It was super cold, and its tail is huge! Of course I took pictures of it, haha it was awesome! Well I don’t really have much to write today, like I said, we have basically done nothing. It seems to me that many of the Latin elders here think they’re on a vacation.

I got sick this week, I’m sure because of my disobedience, along with my comp, who hasn’t been up to par either. I talked to Hna. Soto who is a nurse and she said she could get some medicine for me, but I highly doubt I will get it because we probably won’t go over to her house. I do feel better though, so I’m just gonna wait it out. Hopefully next week will be better, after all the festivities.

I hope everyone back home had a great Christmas and that you have an even better New Years! I promise to write more when more stuff starts happening here!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment