Hola familia y amigos!
Well this week has still been kind of interesting. I kind of don´t really know what to talk about because not much of anything happened, and when I say nothing, I mean nothing. We started off the week good by working a bit harder, but then we had to put all the work on pause on Wed. because we had to go to a little town up in the mountains to get a Partida (something so people can get married here) and this town was a 2 hour drive from Olanchito up into the mountains, through fields and fields of bananas. I have never seen so many banana trees in my life! Also, I don’t recommend ever taking a school bus into the mountains… absolutely uncomfortable! It’s like a full body vibrating machine and I could barely walk when I got out! haha Anyway, we stopped in a town called Arenal, got the Partida and took the bus back home, but this time through Coyoles, which was a 45 minute drive, so I wonder why we didn’t take that route in the first place, but whatever. That day we did about no work because we spent so much time getting the Partida.
Thurs was the multizona activity in La Ceiba with the La Ceiba Zone. The city of La Ceiba is absolutely beautiful. I didn’t see much of it, but what I did see I loved. It’s really beautiful and I hope I can go there again sometime soon. The multizona was great! None of us like getting “macheted” by the AP’s, but I love it when President talks, he is so caring and compassionate and he truly is inspired to be here in this mission. It was a good day and I even got my back adjusted by Pres which was amazing. We also had a Christmas dinner there with the other zone, so now I know a couple more people in the mission, but still not many, but that´ll change for sure.
Zone Skit
Colon Zone
Colon & La Ceiba Zones
Strike a pose!
On Friday we finally taught some lessons. We taught someone named Isaac, who came to church last Sunday and wanted to be baptized. He had been taught previously but couldn’t get baptized because his parents wouldn’t give him permission. Fortunately now they finally gave him permission and we baptized him yesterday, and I got to do it! That was really cool to do, even if the water was cold! haha We are teaching another guy who has had an interest in listening to us but has many questions and we can never get to the point of our lessons, but its fine because at least we are helping him. Saturday our branch had a Christmas dinner consisting of beans, cheese, tortillas and carne asada, but there wasn’t enough food for everyone which obviously caused some problems, but it was still fun to be there with the ward. The rest of Saturday and yesterday we didn’t do anything because my comp is "baggie" (basically he misses home because its Christmas time). I miss home too, but not to the point where I don’t want to work, and we are still spending a lot of time at my cook’s house, but I hope after Christmas it will get better. Finally, I haven't really gotten many letters from friends recently. I don't know if you let them know my email address or not but it would be nice to get some every once in a while.
Everything is great here. Hopefully we can find more people to teach and get more baptisms. I hope everyone at home is doing great as well! Talk to you on Saturday!!
Everything is great here. Hopefully we can find more people to teach and get more baptisms. I hope everyone at home is doing great as well! Talk to you on Saturday!!
Feliz Navidad!
Elder Neher

No comments:
Post a Comment