Buenos Dias familia y amigos!
Well this week has been interesting, and by the title I hope you can kind of tell how it's been, hot one day, cold the next, and it keeps flip-flopping like that, but it’s all good here. Well I have no idea if we are doing a Christmas dinner as a mission or not, but I don't think so, cause everyone is so spread out. We do have a multizona meeting on Wednesday in La Ceiba, so that might count, but I have no idea.
Well this week has been interesting, and by the title I hope you can kind of tell how it's been, hot one day, cold the next, and it keeps flip-flopping like that, but it’s all good here. Well I have no idea if we are doing a Christmas dinner as a mission or not, but I don't think so, cause everyone is so spread out. We do have a multizona meeting on Wednesday in La Ceiba, so that might count, but I have no idea.
Well I thought it was weird they took out Elder Elison too. They sent him to SPS again, opening an area called La Primavera, the richest part of SPS. It used to be the AP's area, but now they don’t have one, so we'll see what happens there. Well it’s been interesting trying to get used to my new comp. He's cool and basically he’s been raised in the church, but from what it sounds like he might have fallen away at one point. But now he's here and we are going to be working hard this week, I can tell. This week has been kind of hard because we have been contacting like crazy, putting citas with people, but then we forget where they live so we can’t teach them. Also, we still have been spending a lot of time at our cook's house, but I guess that’s changing too. I expressed how upset I’ve been recently because we’ve been spending time over there instead of going to the citas we had planned for the day, and one of the cooks daughters told him, so we had comp inventory today and he's going to be super "Fletch" (haha, mission term!)
Alright, so there are basically 3 types of missionaries: a Fletch, a Pilas, or a Planch missionary. Fletch basically means that they obey the rules so much that it becomes a nuisance to others, where he sits there and basically tells everyone what they're doing wrong. A Pilas elder is one who follows the rules, but doesn’t sit there and "give the machete" to those who aren’t as perfect as he is, like the Fletch would. Then there's the Planch, an elder who basically doesn’t obey any of the rules and does whatever he wants. At least this is what I’ve come to understand of these definitions. Well at first I felt my comp was Planch, but now he's going to be Super Fletch, but hey, as long as we get work done, right?
Well I guess we've dropped most of my investigators too because we haven’t been to see them in about a week and a half =/ so looks like we might have to start from scratch, because Ingrid finally got baptized! haha, Well what ended up happening was we visited her and she didn’t want to get baptized one day and the next day do something stupid or something bad, and we tried reassuring her, but it didn’t seem what we were saying was helping, until we had divisions and my DL could come out and interview her. He said that after baptism we get the Holy Ghost who is our constant companion and will tell us what we should and shouldn’t do, and this reassured her to continue with the baptism. When we asked who she wanted to baptize her she said my DL because he fixed her problem, which is fine, because at least she got baptized!
Something cool I got to do this week was shake a monkey’s hand! haha When divisions started I went to the other side of Olantchito so my DL could do an interview with someone over there and we passed a house that had a monkey in a tree. Another elder has a pic of me with it, but its weird because if the monkey belongs to the family it will have a string tied to it and the tree, but this one was just doing whatever. It was pretty funny!
I have no idea how Christmas is going to work, I’ll let you know as soon as I figure something out, and I figured you might ask something about my physical state! Well, I am definitely losing weight! :P and I think I’m getting more muscle in my legs, but I need to work on my arms too, haha! My arms and face are getting tanner while everything else is about as white as snow, and my body is somewhat used to the food and climate, but I think it will still take some time to get used to it. Everything is going great here and I hope all is well with everyone back home!
Hasta luego!
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment