Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Week #14 - Spiders in My Sink (Bellavista Branch)

Hola todos!

Well this week sped by, holy cow! Well to start off we had our first district meeting last Tuesday (it was our first because we have had random zone meetings the couple weeks before) Anyways, after the meeting we had divisions and I went with my district leader Elder Staples to Coyoles, the only area in the mission with a wooden house and bikes! It was awesome, but I was dead afterward, and Tuesday we didn’t even go that far! Something interesting about Coyoles is that the only way to get out to where the investigators are, and basically everything else, you have to cross a wooden rope bridge, straight out of Indiana Jones, and it is stinking far up there, but it was fun riding on it.
(Found this on a Google search for Coyoles...assuming it is the one he was talking about)

Elder Staples is a really cool leader, he´s from Olathe, KS so we talked a lot about KC Masterpiece :) It was fun going on divisions with him. The entire district did divisions just to give everyone something new and to make it not seem so repetitive. While I was gone, Elder Elison and Elder Diaz found some new people that we are teaching now, and one seems really receptive. His name is Mario and so far he´s accepted everything, so we´re hoping next month he can get baptized!

Still no luck with Ingrid, however, we would have had her baptism this week, but she still hasn’t gone to church a second time. She has legitimate reasons to stay because she works for the owner of the house, but I almost want to say that the boss doesn’t want her to go, so we are hoping she will go this Sunday. She is really awesome, she accepts everything, she´s read and prayed, she continues to read and I can tell she loves the gospel. We shared a message about temples and took a Liahona over for her, and she, along with the others who were listening, loved looking at the pictures, and one lady said she would be baptized, do anything, to go in one, so we´ll see how that goes, haha!

This Thursday our district is doing our own little Thanksgiving! We are just going to a restaurant here to eat, so it’s not turkey, but it’s something! Well my Spanish has been improving but I need to study more so I can improve, but everyone says they understand what I’m trying to say, so at least that’s a plus, it’s all the grammar stuff. Elder Elison and I are getting along great, we just talk about random stuff. He´s a huge history buff and I’m a music nerd haha but we just talk about whatever. The people here in Olanchito are a lot nicer than in SPS, but I think it’s because they don’t know as much and aren’t as close to all the protesters, but they are still nice here for the most part.

Everything is going great here, we have the occasional pest in our home, like a spider in our sink, or a tarantula just walking around on the floor haha, but I love it out here, the time just flies! We have interviews tomorrow with President so I’m excited for that, but everything else is going great out here and my cook promised us awesome food for Christmas, so I’m super excited for that! Well I hope everything is going great back home. Grandma said someone in her bishopric is coming out here to do dentist stuff, and I would go…if I had any problems, haha! But oh well, until next week!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment