Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Week #13 - My Body in Revolt (Bellavista Branch)

Hola Familia y amigos!

Well this is the second time I am trying to write this letter (the first draft got erased) anyways this week has been kind of a downer. We tried to get more investigators, since we only have one progressing, Ingrid, who can be baptized next week if she goes to church on Sunday (she could have been baptized this week but she didn’t show up to church). So we have been putting in a whole bunch of citas (appointments) and they all basically fall through, even with members, so it’s really hard. We asked for references and the ref’s aren’t home or something so we have a hard time actually getting a hold of anyone, and to top it off my body has been attacking me this week!

First it started with allergies to something, then my ear started hurting and now I’m coughing like mad and I got a huge blister on my toe! Also, my legs are killing me, but at least I’m gaining muscle! This next week should be much better, at least we have hope that it will be. We are trying to reactivate a lot of people here as well, and a couple weeks ago we had a drunk who came up to us and said that he’s a member and wants to change and get back. Then his mom walks up to us and says "do you remember me?" We both looked at each other and had no idea what to say but apparently she is from Comayaguela and she talks to the missionaries a lot over there. She is super Catholic though, but loves the gospel, loves the message it brings, but doesn’t want to change from what she has been doing. But through her we met another less active family who we pass by to see every once in a while so we hope something good can happen from there.

The days are long, but I push myself to stay positive, to keep walking when it feels like I can’t, and have hope for a better tomorrow. My area is huge and by now we have probably walked 55 miles or so, I am going to be toned when I get home, haha! I’m already starting to get a tan too, a nice missionary tan!

But anyways what I’ve found is that the Spirit really can guide you to places you need to go and helps you with what you need to say, or what to share for that night, and that only through the Spirit can we work miracles.  Oh, another thing,  out of our little branch here there are 3 people who are preparing for missions, 1 guy and 2 sisters. Isaias got his call already, but he's waiting until tomorrow for his dad to get home so he can open it. What patience!

Well my zone is Colon, which includes Coyoles (only area to have bikes in the mission) Olanchito, Bella Vista, Tocoa, Aguan, Sonaguera, Trujillo, and it’s the biggest zone of the mission. In the mornings we study until 10 here, but then at 11 everyone goes out to eat so we stay and get ready and eat lunch at 12noon. Everything is going well here. This week will be better I’m sure of it! Oh and Chase, if you have any questions about Honduras don’t be afraid to ask, haha! Well I love you all and I’m glad all is well back home. The temple looks super nice, thanks for the pics! I’m sure that was an amazing experience! Oh by the way, this computer has no open USB ports so I can’t send pics, sorry! When we have time we will look for some somewhere or send pics tonight at dinner.

Until next week!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment