Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Week #2 - MTC

Alright I apologize for no pics this week, for some reason the computers won’t let me send pictures or something so I might print them out and send them to you later this week. I really do apologize.

Alright, well this week has been pretty interesting, my companion is hard to deal with...He slept during Elder Holland's address! He was the speaker last Tuesday and it was amazing! He is such a great speaker, he talked about how much they (the general authorities) love us because we are helping them do what they were called to do, and that was to preach His gospel, and missionary work can't be like Burger King, we can't "have it our way" haha it's all up to the Lord and what he wants. I think what happened with my companion was as soon as I said I was interested in music, something went off in his head and he didn’t want to talk to me anymore. He talks to another missionary in our district instead and always leaves me by myself. I don’t feel united at all with him and its killing me, but we did teach very well the first time at the TRC (Teaching Resource Center?). We had a companionship interview on Sunday and addressed some of these topics and the 1st counselor asked us if we pray for each other, by name, and said I did, and I have every night. My companion says he prays for the companionship to work, and I want it to too, but I pray every night for him so I can understand how to help him, and it kills me when he doesn’t open up or talk to me at all.

Let's focus on the pluses, shall we? I absolutely love my district, they are all amazing and so much fun to be around and are all very helpful. One Hermana had a problem where she was being abused by her roommate and was depressed, and we both talk about it frequently, how to get over things like that, you just need to understand that Christ felt that pain and understands how you are feeling. If He can overcome everyone’s problems in the world, you should be able to overcome yours (John 16:33) I asked her a bunch about my companionship, as well as other elders on my floor I have come to know. I met someone on my floor from Argentina! And he's a River fan, which makes it so much better!! haha, I love meeting new people here.

Have I mentioned my teachers yet? Well they are awesome! We got a new one yesterday, and she seems very nice, but it was her first day yesterday so she was very nervous. My other teacher, Hmo Dallan, is amazing! He is incredibly smart, and he is so funny, and I have never realized anything till I have been in that class. He is very good at explaining things, like how faith works, but there are some things that stump him, which is so funny. We discussed for an hour yesterday about how you can receive revelation with the brother of Jared story and the stones, because someone thought that the word of wisdom was a commandment, but I guess it’s not, just something you should do…he is so funny. Spanish is coming along fine, I keep forgetting words like "choclo" instead of maiz. Castellano is so much better, but I try to speak Spanish, but my companion can’t understand anything or doesn’t want to so I end up giving up. It’s coming along great though, I’m learning so much here and I’m glad I’m staying the full 9 weeks. I want to build these relationships and learn more. I guess only advanced go early, oh well. I love every minute here and I still don’t feel like I’m leaving to Honduras in about a month

I hope everything is well at home and that all is well for everyone.

Hasta ver! Para siempre Dios este con vos.

Elder Neher

I cant think of anything I need right now, I will write if I do need anything, and I have only received letters from you, I would appreciate it if other people sent me letters, but it’s not needed, it would just be nice to hear from some of my friends once in a while, other than that though everything should be great. I will send pics via mail as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment