Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Letter Home!

Well the long awaited first letter has finally arrived. We heard from other moms that the first handwritten letter should arrive by the first Saturday, but it appears that Steven didn't get it in the mail until Friday. The letter says that he met two elders going to his mission "today" and one was his companion, so that makes me think that he started it on Wednesday but didn't finish it until sometime later...typical! It's not as long or detailed as we might have wanted, but oh well, we are still thrilled that he wrote and that he is excited about the things he has been experiencing.

-------------------------------------------

¡Hola Padres!

The MTC is great! A lot different than what I thought it would be. A few things before I tell you how it was. 1) No music! It makes me sad I can’t listen to MoTab, but hopefully my mission president will let me. 2) I have no clue how to use the iPod speaker/alarm clock as an alarm clock, but I’m sure I will figure it out.

Alright, well today was awesome. I met two elders who are heading to San Pedro Sula and one of them is my companion! Elder Nelson is cool, but at first I didn’t know what to think of him because he’s been sleeping all day! But he’s great and hopefully it will get better. So far I can’t find anything…buildings or any of my stuff, but I’m sure that will change too.

Today we did some teaching “exercises”? I don’t know, but they brought in investigators and we were supposed to help them with whatever they had questions about. I never thought I would care that much about helping someone and wanting them to come to Christ, even if they might not have been real investigators.

My district and zone seem pretty good. I’ve only seen them about twice, but I can tell that it’s a great group. I’m so excited to be here, everyone seems great and I’m sure it can only get better from here! I’ll let you know of anything else when P-day comes around!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Neher

p.s. I will practice my Spanish, don’t worry!

p.s.s. I need my line of authority asap, and I guess a Camelback would be nice to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment