Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week #95 - Baptism Bamboozle (Santiago)


Hola familia y amigos!

So this week went by pretty well, we were going around trying to get our baptisms ready for this weekend, and teach at the same time, and it was a pretty crazy week, but a lot of the normal. The nice thing was that I didn’t see the branch president all week, he wasn’t at church because he had a meeting on Sunday. This week we tried visiting more inactives and just getting the people that we have ready for baptism, we went this week with Lorena and Kener, mother and son, and made sure everything was alright for this weekend. We watched the testaments with them and they really liked it then we went over the questions for the baptismal interview and everything was great.  On Friday I went to La Lima, while the elder there went to Planeta and a ZL came with my comp. The divisions were good, I was with Elder Benitez from Guatemala, who apparently he has a hard time accepting anyone who has leadership over him, but overall everything with the divisions went well. I had a little scare Saturday morning because our phone died and so I plugged it in to call Elder Webb (zl) about when divisions were going to finish, and he told me that my comp had been trying to call me because the baptism dropped! Lorena didn’t want to get baptized. My heart sunk, but I knew it would work out, so I called my cook, Ruth, and asked her about what happened and she explained that Lorena felt that the interview was too interrogative, and that she didn’t like all the questions about her family (which was for the baptismal record) but Ruth told me that she was going to call her and see how she was doing.

Next we went to do some interviews for the hermanas, when we got back, I asked Ruth how Lorena was doing and she said great, that the baptism was still on, phew! So we waited until the bus came and went to the baptisms, 3 for us, because there was also an 8 year old baptism, and 2 for the hermanas (we had the service with them). The service went well even though it started late while we were waiting for the hnas, but everything turned out great. Later we got on the bus right as it started to rain, so another close one, haha! Overall it was a good week!



Oh btw, well the secretaries asked me about my plans to go home and I am going to try to get a flight into Williams Field airport so it would be so much easier that way. Well that was our week in a nutshell, we are working hard and hopefully this week will be great as well. Congrats to Tomi & Crystal for getting married! Wish I could have been there, but whatevs! Hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment