Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

Week #77 - Gnawing on Gnocchis (Puerto Cortes)


Buenas Tardes familia y amigos!

Well to start off I am super excited to hear that everything is better back home with dad’s new job! It would be awesome if you could come pick me up, come get to know a little bit of the Hondo, haha! 

Well this week seemed like it went by really slow. I’m still having some problems with my companion. It’s awkward sometimes because I have no idea what to talk about, because somehow the topic always goes back to Guatemala versus Honduras. He always says 'well we do this and we call it like this’ and I’m kind of tired about hearing the comparisons between the two, where it always sounds like Guatemala wins. I am in Honduras and I love Honduras, end of story. 

We have been trying to do divisions and stuff this week to find more people and I talked to Magdaleno, a young adult who should leave on the mission soon. He said that he honestly thought my comp was new when he first saw him and he says way too many things that are unnecessary in the lessons.  I still have a hard time getting a say in because apparently his last comp was a gringo who is finishing soon that never did tackle Spanish very well, so he would have had to take control in his last area. I feel like he should at least trust in what I am doing. He is a bit immature and it’s just hard sometimes dealing with everything, but hopefully we can turn everything around. 

We have a family that we are hoping to baptize soon, Fam Alvarez, all we are waiting for are the papers to be able to get them married, and they are set! He is from Juticalpa, which is in the Comayagua mission and those missionaries still haven’t taken out the partida, and we have been waiting for months! Well needless to say they are awesome and are progressing very nicely. We had an activity with them and the Bishop's family and another family where I taught them how to make Gnoochis, and they all loved it! It  was fun and we made them from actual potatoes which turned out really good. It was nice to see them interact with the other families, but other than them we are still lacking new people who really want to learn and know about the gospel. We contact people and show up and they aren’t there, then a couple of days later we see them and they say they are Catholic or their pastor won’t let them, buh, but we are lways trying to find new people to teach. 

We did have an interesting experience last night. I was on divisions with Magdaleno and we visited a part member inactive family and the mom was just going off. She was talking about a whole bunch of stuff, and Cindy (Magdaleno's cousin) started talking about Joseph Smith, and then I recited the first vision, and she kept quiet and you could really see that she was understanding everything, even though she has had a difficult life. It seems that everything went well last night. Well I don’t have much more time to write today, but thanks for everything and I hope to hear back from some more people next week. Thanks Jen, Abuela, Tio Daniel, and Gma and Gpa for writing, it is always a pleasure to hear from you, and congrats Jen! Let’s hope it’s a boy haha!

Hasta luego!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment