Hola familia y amigos!
Well, quite honestly, this had to have been the worst week of my mission thus far, but before I go into the details of this week some news. Elder Anderson told me today that Jose, from Jose and Yadira (super pilas family) doesn’t want to go to church at all and is set on it. It’s because they went to a stake activity for couples and there was a dance and some other things. I think someone got to him and influenced him (one thing about the evangelic churches here is that a lot of them disapprove dancing, which is absolutely dumb and I don’t understand why). So I have been a little worried about him and how his wife is taking it. I was planning on writing them a letter soon but now there is a bigger urgency to do so.
On another note, this week we had a baptism! Elvin, a 19 year old black guy we contacted got baptized and he is super pilas. I don’t remember if I mentioned it last week, but he has basically been convinced ever since we read Moroni 7:45 on charity with him. We went to his house this past week and he said that he would love to be able to teach like we do. He wasn’t sure if we had planned that lesson or not and I told him that it wasn’t and that we just went by the Spirit. He took his mom to the baptism and she really enjoyed it and I noticed that Elvin was crying, it was a really neat experience. Not a lot of people went but those that were there commented on how pilas he is, so we were really excited for this baptism.
| Baptism of Elvin |
Alright, now for what happened to me this week, it all started last Saturday before fast Sunday so at lunch I ate and drank all I could. What they gave us to drink was Nance juice (it’s a tiny little yellow fruit that is pretty good) and because it was fast Sunday I drank a bunch of it. Later that day I felt kind of weird and didn’t eat that much at dinner. Monday I felt a little worse. We got home after a long day and I puked up everything. Tuesday was really hard because my stomach had been hurting the entire day. I couldn’t eat or drink anything and Wed. we didn’t leave to work at all because I felt absolutely terrible and Thursday was kind of the same. The entire week I would walk a little bit and have to stop because my stomach would tie itself in a knot and it would hurt to drink water. Another terrible thing is that all the members are buying me pills and medicine and I don’t know what to do with it! I still feel iffy eating certain foods and drinks so I’m trying to be really careful with what I eat, but my stomach just doesn’t want anything. It has been a really hard week and I hope I can get over it. I already asked for a blessing and have talked to the nurse. She said I might have a bacteria or infection, because Nance is apparently very dangerous to eat because if it isn’t cleaned well it can get people really sick. So I’m having fun with an upset stomach! haha I hope this week can be better with everything.
Oh one thing I forgot about is that I got a letter from Chase and Elder Maza on Tuesday, and I was super happy! It was kind of funny to see Chase write in Spanish, especially Catracho haha! It’s weird to think he is learning all the same slang and stuff that I am. Hopefully this week will be better and that I can work better, since last week we barely worked due to my condition. Fun stuff! Hope everything at home is great, I can honestly think of no questions right now, hmm, no new engagements I don’t know about? Haha!
Paz y amor!
Elder Neher
| View of SPS from the Coca Cola sign |
| My new bus! |
No comments:
Post a Comment