Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Week #30 - Hot 'N Cold (Cerro Verde)

Saludos a todos!

Well, this week has had a lot of ups and downs... in temperature. It was pretty hot at the beginning of the week, but only for a couple of hours, because later at there would be a breeze, it would cool down, and at night and in the morning it gets pretty chilly. Apparently there was a cold front that came in with some rain, and people attributed it to the tsunami from Japan, but that never got here. A lot of people here lately have been, I don’t want to say freaking out, but worried about the earthquake and tsunami because it could mean end of the world and the people here are pretty superstitious like that. This week we didn’t have any baptisms, but Yuri, who we baptized last Sunday, came on her own to church yesterday to be confirmed, which shows the faith she has.

We have a baptism planned for this Saturday with an eleven year old called Daniel. His dad remarried and I don’t think his mom is a member, but his dad is, so we have been teaching him. He is super smart and loves everything. We left the L1 pamphlet after we taught L3 and when we came to teach it, he was reciting the First Vision at the same time as me! Incredible! haha We went again to teach stuff and found him with the pamphlets, saying he was starting for the 2nd time to read them, and we left him a BoM, so everything is ready for Saturday!

We have been teaching Victor as well, and we were talking the other day about how many baptisms we have had this month (which I think is four) and Elder Perez said it wasn’t a lot, and I said it was to me because we baptized 4 people in 4 and a half months in Olanchito! So Victor said "so I’ll be your fifth here, huh?" haha! He is awesome and he really appreciates us and has already asked for our info for after we go home. He is awesome and hopefully he can gain a testimony (which I believe he already has, he just hasn’t noticed yet) and that he can get baptized. I have realized that I don’t know this area too well, but with time I’ll get it. It’s just that some streets look the exact same as others!

Well I hope everything is going well back home. I’m praying for everyone, especially those in Japan. I hope they can recover from the disaster they have had. Hope the best for everyone!

Elder Neher






























No comments:

Post a Comment