Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Week #27 - Among the Clouds (Bellavista Branch)



Hola familia y todos!

Well, to start off this letter, I'm gonna say that I have changes on Wednesday! Yup, I’m leaving Bella Vista, which is kind of sad, but I’m ready to get to know more of Honduras. Hopefully I’ll go somewhere where it’s cooler because everyone says that the week of Easter is terrible…the hottest part of the year!

Well this week was kind of slow. Some of our investigators weren’t home and others didn’t go to church, but overall the attendance at the branch has grown a lot. It's incredible! When I got here it was about 70 to 80 a week and now it’s up to 110 to 120! I have started saying goodbye to those that I can but its kind of tough because some members live super far away from us, about a half hour walking! Well we have been teaching Vanessa and Mari, but they still want more time, so hopefully they can get baptized in March. We also set a baptismal date for this weekend with Carlos, the step-son of our cook, who has been going to church and has stopped drinking! He just needs to keep working on smoking, but all he needs is to stop smoking and to receive the rest of the lessons and he's good to go! It just stinks that I won’t be here for it, but oh well, that’s the way it goes.

This week has been hot, then cold, and hot again with lots of rain, then after it rains, with the sun, it gets super hot, just like living in KC! We have been visiting with a lot members, helping them find referrals and helping inactives to get re-activated. It is really helping the branch to grow more. Well with changes this letter isn’t going to be too long. I don’t even know where to start with packing, haha!! Hope all is well back home!

Nos hablamos en mi nueva area!

Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment