Hola familia y amigos!
Well before I go into detail about conference I just wanted to say how things are going here. My comp is doing much better, we are working a bit more, and he's actually trying with Spanish. The sick elder, elder May, was sent home yesterday. He might be able to go back out but he has to be able to control his blood sugar level first, and when he was here it was everywhere, so I really hope he is able to get down to his mission.
Alright, conference, well that morning everyone in choir went to one room together to watch the first session, we had lunch (which was mayhem here during conference) and our buses left at 1:30. All the buses were charter buses, expect for mine, it was a school bus so we called it the humility bus. Well I went to conference with Elder Pugmire and Elder Irwin from my district, once we got there we went into the little theater to watch a part of a talk, and then we started practicing. A lady from MoTab was there and she was jumping up and down after each song, you could tell she loved it. Elder Irwin and I brought our cameras, and I took a couple pictures, in our seats and elsewhere. Elder Irwin took video before and after as we were walking in and out. Before priesthood started we had to line up by height, and I wanted to stay with my comps so they hid me between them (they are both taller than me). We all wanted to be next to Elder Pugmire because his brother-in-law is part of the media people or something for conference and promised him a close up (which was awesome because he got it, and it zoomed out to me and Elder Irwin and stopped, it got all three of us!) The tabernacle looks so much smaller in person than it does on screen! I couldn’t believe it was that tiny! Well they gave us a restroom break and as we were waiting for Elder Pugmire, Elder Irwin and I saw Quentin L. Cook walk by! We were too far away to say anything, but it was awesome to see him that close. Well the entire time I was there I didn’t really think I was going to be singing to the world, I knew I was, but it didn’t really feel like it, but when we sang, it was amazing! Granted there were some elders there who weren’t singing right, but overall it sounded great. It was amazing! It gave me goose bumps when President Eyring commented on us, and after the session was over the 1st Presidency waved to us, gave us thumbs up, and President Uchtdorf gestured he loved it. When we were singing Called to Serve all the General Authorities sitting directly in front of us turned around and watched us the entire time. They all loved it and gave us thumbs up and everything too, it was incredible! Richard G Scott came up and talked to one of our conductors and did the same as the others. Richard G Hinckley (who spoke at the MTC a while ago) also came up. It was just incredible! When we left we walked through where all the Seventy sit, and going to the MTC I felt so good about it, everyone commented on how good we were, when they saw us, and all that good stuff.
Sunday night we had a fireside and that was when I was able to watch our first song. The entire devotional was given by the Breinholt's (they are in the MTC presidency here) and the entire devotional was on music and the effect it can have with us. The MTC Presidency (except Pres. Breinholt’s son took the place of Pres. Clegg) sang a song for us, and President and Sis. Breinholt asked some people to come up and share their favorite hymn, and then sing a verse from it. I was chosen and I picked Nearer My God to Thee, I absolutely love that song. It was an awesome weekend here! I loved conference and found so many things that could apply to missionary work, it was crazy! I loved being able to have the opportunity to sing in front of literally millions! it was an awesome feeling that I don’t plan on forgetting anytime soon! If it hasn’t been put up yet, post the videos on my Facebook so others can see them. I love you all so much and appreciate everything you do for me. May God be with you in all your doings.
Con muchisimo amor,
Elder Neher
HARK ALL YE NATIONS
GO YE MESSENGERS OF HEAVEN
CALLED TO SERVE
Follow up email to questions sent in reply to his morning email:
That is so awesome that Chase put in his papers! That makes me super excited. I hope he gets called to Argentina, that way we have a reason to travel there other than for food haha! Ok well I'll just start answering questions…Yes I got the camera on time and I took that one to conference because of how small it is, and yes I like it, although I took a video the other day, it wasn’t in focus, so the entire video was that way. I just need to get used to it. For the devotional they asked who would like to share their favorite hymn and everyone together would sing a verse from it, and I got picked. It was funny because every time an elder or sister said a song there were whispers of agreement of how good it was, as with mine. I will try to send the other camera back as soon as I can, I have no idea how much it weighs so I will check tomorrow, I've been taking more pictures, but not a whole bunch, I'll keep trying though! After I sent the email this morning I forgot to mention this, but we get our travel plans this Friday!!! I think they let us call home when we get them so be prepared! My Spanish is getting better, this week our goal is to talk completely in Spanish, which is kind of hard when others in my district don’t try, but I will push through! Conjugations are getting somewhat easier, but it’s just hard to know when to use them all! I think the personal relationship with my comp is getting better, I don’t know if it’s a temporary thing while we are here or what, but it doesn’t matter to me, I’m just glad he is trying. I can’t think of anything else I might need for Honduras, and I don’t know where to put all the stuff I don’t need to give to Abuela. I could try to get a trash bag, but we'll see.
Hasta Luego!
Elder Neher


No comments:
Post a Comment