Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Week #104 - Not so Baggy Birthday (Montecristo)


Hola familia y amigos!

Well, this week was a good week, with a lot of stuff happening. We have found some new people to teach, and finding those people makes me want to stay and work more to help them! I am still trying to learn to have patience with my companion, because he continues to bother me and ridicule me, and he got mad at me the other day for something honestly stupid and it’s been kind of getting to me. The other day I found out that he really doesn’t feel any different being here in the mission, he feels the same as if he was back home and some youth yesterday if he was the 'bad one of the bunch'? I asked why they said that and they said you could tell just by looking at him, so it’s been kind of hard to deal with him.

I did have a great birthday last week. When we had dinner that night the members we were eating with made me a cake with 21 candles all lit up, so I had a good birthday! On Friday we went to Confite and after spending too much time running around doing baptismal interviews we showed up at the house of Antonio, to find him outside walking with a cane! He was walking very well for having suffered 2 strokes recently! We taught a good lesson and he is still ready to go to get baptized, he is very excited and positive about getting baptized. On Tuesday and Saturday we went to La Masica, and it’s about an hour bus ride from here, and we had some good lessons out there. After we left La Masica on Saturday we went to Santa Ana to visit a family that was referred to us by a member. We got a bit lost but eventually we found the house. The husband has gone to church a few times in a different ward, but he loves it, and we taught he and his wife and daughter and they were all very receptive. It turned out to be a good lesson, even though we left late and there were no more buses leaving Santa Ana to La Ceiba so we had to wait for about an hour for a bus to pass by from Tela. It was a long wait but we managed to get home.

We have some good families that we are teaching and one showed up to church on Sunday here in Montecristo. I had to teach the Sunday School class because the teacher was out of town. The lesson was about the scriptures and it turned out to be a great class. I could feel the Spirit really strong and I know they felt it too because they commented that they felt something different and said that they knew that it was all true. It was a great experience! I just wish my comp could have been there to feel it because I don’t think he has had a good spiritual moment yet in the mission.

Yesterday we took the bishop with us to go visit a family where the husband isn’t a member yet. His name is Iginio and he is in his 60’s, I believe. He has been saying that he isn’t really ready to get baptized so we talked about that for a bit and then the bishop started mentioning what would happen to us if we reject the gospel and die without getting baptized. He told Hno. Iginio that he wanted him baptized this month so we put a date for him the 21st, my last day in the mission, and he accepted! It was so awesome to hear that from him! He is a great guy and hopefully he will continue strong in the church. That has been my week thus far. I really don’t want to leave, I only have 9 days left! It’s really weird to think that, but I guess I have to accept it. Well I hope that everyone has a great week and enjoys the heat!

Hasta pronto, 
Elder Neher

No comments:

Post a Comment