Hola familia y amigos!
Well this week went by really quick, and it’s crazy to think it’s already time for changes! This change went by really fast, and it’s ridiculous to think how fast time goes, but the work moves on! This week we had some interesting stuff happen, first things first. I am really having a hard time with my branch president. He doesn’t really seem to understand his responsibilities because he is trying to get us to do everything and he says that he sees most of it in the leadership manuals of the church, which I know is not true. For example he says that the zone leaders do the baptisms for 8 year old children who are kids of members and so he doesn’t want to do the interviews for them! We are trying to work with him and he says that we aren’t really doing a great job, but it’s kind of hard when he isn’t supporting us (spoiler! we had a baptism and he didn’t even show up)
Well this week went by really quick, and it’s crazy to think it’s already time for changes! This change went by really fast, and it’s ridiculous to think how fast time goes, but the work moves on! This week we had some interesting stuff happen, first things first. I am really having a hard time with my branch president. He doesn’t really seem to understand his responsibilities because he is trying to get us to do everything and he says that he sees most of it in the leadership manuals of the church, which I know is not true. For example he says that the zone leaders do the baptisms for 8 year old children who are kids of members and so he doesn’t want to do the interviews for them! We are trying to work with him and he says that we aren’t really doing a great job, but it’s kind of hard when he isn’t supporting us (spoiler! we had a baptism and he didn’t even show up)
We’ve also had some problems with people saying and doing things that offend others. Yesterday the branch president wanted us to give talks and basically 'machette' those who have been offending others. I feel like I was a bit abrupt, but during all of the talks the one who has caused the most problems wasn’t paying attention (when normally she does) and someone said it’s because she knew those messages were for her. It is so frustrating to have someone in the branch that won’t change and that runs other people away. I said in my talk that those who hold grudges and have 'enemies ' in the church and don’t want certain people to be there are being selfish in not wanting everyone to receive and enjoy all the blessings the gospel has, including eternal life. I was pretty frustrated, but whatever.
Well this week we had a baptism for Gustavo, he is a nine year old who has been coming to church for a while now. He was super excited for his baptism. He told his mom one night that he wanted her to read him the Book of Mormon and she did! The mom came to the baptism and was crying most of the time, which was really nice, and they invited a neighbor too who now wants to know more as well! We had to go to another church building for the baptism, but it turned out great and we hope to be able to baptize the rest of the family soon.
My comp has a change this week so who knows what will happen, but I am happy to be here and to be serving the Lord. Hopefully we can have more success here in the coming weeks. I hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Neher
Elder Neher
No comments:
Post a Comment