Search This Blog
Monday, January 23, 2012
Week #75 - Truckin' Along (Puerto Cortes)
Buenas! que tal? jaja
Well this week was a pretty good week. It was another muh week, we haven’t really been having much success here but we continue to contact like crazy. We don’t really find people that are super receptive and if we find them we go back and they aren’t there or they hide from us, but we are trucking along. Regarding the companionship, we get along great, we are always messing around and having a good time, and we found out on Thurs that my comp is leaving because now Pres. is doing something different. He lets everyone that is going to train know on Thurs so that on Friday we can go to a meeting about training, so I’m training again! haha Everyone figured I would train again because there a lot of new people coming in and not really enough people ready enough to train, so another kid for me! It’s a huge responsibility and now I know what to do better or what to fix this time around that I wasn’t so diligent in with Elder Ward. This change went by super fast and I enjoyed it a lot, even though we didn’t have much success, we still had a great time.
Familia Alvarez is still up for their wedding and baptism in February and they are super excited, and we got planned a baptism for Karl, he is an interesting guy who over-thinks a lot of things, but we have a baptism planned for him too, so hopefully everything can come around for him. Actually he went to church this week and took one of his friends, and they liked the talks (my comp and I talked, as well as the high counselor) and the investigator class went over really well too. The members here are good, we are starting to pick things up now and the Relief Society has an activity planned for a super contact for the next month or two. Every Saturday the sisters will leave for 4 hours to contact, teach, and find new investigators and inactives, so it should be really successful.
Well this week we have also seen some interesting things in the streets too, a dead opossum, two dead turtles, (they were huge!) and a doll in a creek that looked like a dead baby! I’m excited for this new change and everything that it brings. Sometimes its tough being a district leader, but at the same time rewarding and great to see the progress in others, but saddening at the same time when some don’t do what’s expected of them, but you just gotta keep trucking along! I hope everyone has a great week and that even when things don’t look great, just keep trucking along!
Elder Neher
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment