Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Week #5 - MTC


Hola familia y amigos!

Well I've got some good news, some great news, and some really awesome news! First off my district got a huge talking to by the District Presidency on Sunday which I think helped a lot with the immaturity issue, there was at one point where people were ready to kill each other, but now it’s getting better. The great news is that my companionship is in full swing. Last Tuesday my comp had a talk with the Branch President, about what I have no idea, but it really changed him around and now we are finally doing comp prayer and study, and we are getting along a lot better than before! Thanks everyone for your letters of encouragement, I really wish I could respond to them all, I just have no time whatsoever! Well the amazing news is that I (along with two other elders in my district) got chosen for the MTC choir to sing at General Conference for the priesthood session!!! I am so excited for this, it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am so excited for it! Look for me on the big screen!

Well everything is going great here, my Spanish is coming along better, I just keep forgetting some words when I teach, but it’s coming along great, the teachers are great here and I've been able to learn Spanish 1- Spanish 6 in about 4 weeks, crazy huh? My companion has a hard time with Spanish, he can understand for the most part, but he says sometimes he feels dumb when he speaks, (just like how I felt back home), so I just keep trying to encourage him. Lately I've been doing all the talking, which I don’t mind, but I hope he can push himself to try a bit more.

One experience that I failed to mention happened 2 weeks ago (? I am starting to lose track of time here!) Hna Larson has been having allergy problems, in her room and what she eats. She's allergic to perfume, dust, and a whole bunch of different kinds of food, some of them she loves to eat. Well she had eaten some pineapple for lunch and she knows she's allergic to it, but it’s never attacked her as hard as it did. She was having a hard time breathing, there was a rash developing from her neck up. It was pretty bad and she was about to leave for the Doctors office, but our teacher recommended we give her a blessing, so the 11 elders in our district all got up and gave her a blessing. That was such an awesome experience, I felt so calm and knew that she was going to be ok, and some of the words in the blessing I knew were inspired because there was no way someone could make up some of what was said. She's doing a lot better know, she has had some pretty bad attacks lately from foods she never knew she was allergic to, but she's doing a lot better. By the way, my ankle is doing better! I can run on it in a straight line, but it hurts to turn, so I still have to do rehab.

Time seems to just fly by here, I lose track of time so easily. I have 1 month left till the field! I've met so many elders going to AZ, and I love telling them how awesome it is there and all the amazing people there! I love you all and thank you for your support, it really did help me last week! Espero que todo está bien y uds. son felices!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Neher

1 comment:

  1. Hi Neher family, I just got through reading some of Stephen's blog. Sounds like he is doing great ! ! ! I'm glad I got a chance to read up on the blog so I can look for him in the choir at conference. That was something Trent was really hoping to do he just missed entering the MTC at the right time for one thing, but what an honor Stephen has of being chosen to sing in the choir!!
    The blog looks great,we will definitely look forward to following Stephen's mission. Thanks again for sharing his experiences.

    The Rasmussen family

    ReplyDelete